February 20, 2014

Jann's Finished Blossom...

Photo of "Gazania" courtesy of Jann
 Isn't it just magnificent?
Jann emailed this photograph of her blossom yesterday so that
I could show you what it looked like now that it's completed.

In case you missed it, click here to go to my original post about Jann.

She also told me she hoped to complete the quilting on "Wildacres II:
Coneflowers" yesterday afternoon and would do the facing last evening.
(That's the one she's holding in her hands in the original post. )
We all knew that she'd have these done in time for her guild's show which
will also be held in February, and I know that everyone is going to love them!

I do have a correction...Jann is not a member of the Peace River Guild.
(Their loss!) She belongs to Sharing Quilters in Bradenton, FL; and the
Friendship Knot and Sarasota Modern Quilt Guilds, both in Sarasota, FL.

Thanks for sharing this picture and your updates, Jann.
I just know that your beautiful blooms will be admired.
Today is the first day of our quilt show. I'll have lots of photographs tomorrow.
You have all been so patient, so I'll share my excitement with you now.

"Over The River" 
 was awarded a First Place Ribbon in its class
(and was held for Best Track Mounted Quilting category)
"Princeton Plates"
was awarded a Second Place Ribbon in its class
and also won
 Best Track Mounted Work in Show
"Martinique Plates"
was awarded Second Place Ribbon in its class
"Flutterby"
was awarded a Second Place Ribbon in its class
"The Pink Panther"
was awarded an Honorable Mention Ribbon in its class

EVERY quilt I entered earned a ribbon! I'm still pinching myself!

Competition was fierce, and the quilt that won "Best In Show" really deserved it.
I was so honored to be considered for that ribbon, but it went where it belonged.
I'll photograph it today to show you tomorrow.

Today is Day One of the Show. I'll be there from 9am to 5 pm
at the Convention Center on Hwy. 41 in Punta Gorda.
Stop in if you're in the neighborhood!
DonnaAcornSignature

14 comments:

  1. Huge Congratulations Donna Dear!!! You must be on Cloud 9 and well deserved for your beautiful stitch work, fabric selections and overall love you put into every thing you do. I am so happy for you my friend. I hope you get photos of YOU with your quilts and their ribbons. Jann's blossom is stunning. Embrace Your Accolades...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations what a great effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Donna. I knew you would do well and well deserved too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations lovely girl,well deserved awards.
    I love watching your works of art grow as you sew.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...Congratulations to you!!! You must be floating, for sure! And, thank you for sharing Jann's work...it is wonderfully crafted and fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Donna. I bet Tag is very proud of his Mum! Seriously though, your work is always so precise and imaginative. Congratulations. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, a big CONGRATULATIONS! I was just so sure with those quilts you entered, there was just no way not to earn ribbons. By the way I am patiently working on my mini Over The River quilt, thanks to your many pieces you so graciously sent me. Many thanks and again Congrats! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, PS; I will share that mini quilt with you when I have it finished. Thanks Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you Deece! Happy Bunny Dance!! I can't wait to see the photos. This quilt is gorgeous. Just gorgeous! Have a fun day at the show. I know you will. Wish I was there to enjoy it with you.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Congratulations! I wish I were there to share your excitement and joy!

    Well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful, congratulations
    it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna