February 16, 2014

It's Show Time...

"Over The River - My Way"
It's finally time...This week is Quilt Show Week for our guild.
I've entered five quilts for competition and display.
"Flutterby"
All of my quilts involve applique'.
If you've been reading my blog since I first learned this technique, you
may even chuckle a bit. You'll know that "I've come a long way, baby!".
"Martinique Plates"
I know that my friend, Flo would be proud of me if she were still here.
"Princeton Plates"
The week begins today with quilt judging for ribbons. Our guild has
about one hundred forty quilts, and most were submitted to be judged.
"The Pink Panther"
These are all my entries. I'm also having "Over The River" and
"Martinique Plates" appraised. Once "Martinique" is valued, I'll
know that "Princeton Plates" will be approximately the same value.

I'll be scribing (taking judge's notes) and helping turn quilts for
evaluation all day today. I'll be back on Wednesday to let you 
know the results. (Especially if there's anything "crow worthy"!)
 This is the week we've been working toward for the past two years.
We'll be crazy busy, but I want to savor it all.

I have to run. Judging starts at 8 o'clock this morning.
Wish me luck!

(There's still time to order raffle tickets, too! Just send me an email for details.)
DonnaAcornSignature

12 comments:

  1. Oh Donna! Your quilts are breathtakingly beautiful. They are very special and "Crow Worthy"!!! Enjoy your week and take time to breathe while you are savoring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Donna. All of your quilts are worthy of ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Donna. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Your quilts are beautiful. I particularly love the first one. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Donna! They're beautiful! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Donna! They are all lovely!! You are sure to win something if not for all of them :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Donna I think you should get 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th, am I being a bit biased?
    I would love to do All through the woods myself.
    Good luck my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are all exceptional and will be admired by many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck Donna!! Your quilts look fabulous and I hope the judge will recognize that... I love the Dresden plate one you made for "Handsome" - I have several of those same fabrics and am so delighted to see how they look here.
    Have fun, you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all lovely, but I am totally in love with the basket of flowers in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somebunny has been very, very busy creating some incredible things! Woo hoo! Looooooooooove!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my what gorgeous quilts. I love Princeton plates and "Over the River - My Way". I'm a sucker for blue quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna