October 10, 2024

Special Delivery...

Although I'm not planning to do any shows in the near future, I will be working on a few new things for my Etsy shop. This new hardware came in today, as well as the new strap material. Wrist bands or shoulder straps? I haven't decided yet. I'll know it when I see it. I am tickled with the kittens, musical, and paw print zipper pulls, though. Makes me want to get back to sewing a little.

You can find me at the other store for one more day and then Friday and Saturday back where I usually work. I'll be glad for Saturday to be over so I can resume my stitching! I'm looking forward to putting my feet up, too. With a cup of tea. And lots of threads. And a little background music. Ahhhh, yes.

4 comments:

  1. Sherry of createology: You manage to acquire the cutest findings for your sewing creations. These zipper pulls are just perfect!! I think of you during the day and pray your knees hold out. Enjoy your cuppa my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry:
      Thank you so much. These four hour work days are much easier on me than the six hour ones. The pace is easier, too. I stocked shelves when it was otherwise quiet, and took care of customers when they came through. To answer your question, I'm working at a gas station/convenience store/restaurant only three miles from home. I'm a cashier. I love getting out to see people, and have immensely enjoyed speaking Spanish with the folks who work at the nearby large dairy farms. The people who own the store where I work most days, own six others in the area, and when they're short on personnel, they ask for volunteers to fill shifts. The second store I go to is closer than three miles, and is in our small village (same as my address). It's a sleepy, little town during the day, and our store traffic reflects that. It's a little easier on my knee, too, as I don't have to go up and down stairs. Bonus!
      I appreciate your concern, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Those zipper pulls are adorable.
    Well there's a combination, feet, tea and thread with background music.
    Sounds like a great plan.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks, hon. I like that combination, too! I'm looking forward to it. I may even get an early start by stitching a bit today before my "dinner hour" shift.
      Happy Weekend, again - already!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna