October 9, 2024

Next - Baby Bluebirds...

I probably won't be able to work on them until the weekend, but next on the project is to stitch the baby bluebirds. I'll begin with the one in the background and work forward from there.

These babies will be embroidered in shades of cream, tan and light brown for the majority of their feathering. The babies are never as colorful as the adults, and these are no exception. I'll share my color palette for these little guys tomorrow.

Four more days of work and then I can play. I don't think I'll add extra hours for a few weeks now, either, as I still have canning and yard prep to do for the colder months. As much as I enjoy working at the store, home needs more attention than work, and I need my creative time.

My thoughts continue to turn to our last domicile, Florida. I'm so concerned for our friends as this storm intensifies. I'm concerned that they'll lose everything when Milton makes landfall. I pray that they all stay safe, and if they've tried to evacuate, that they managed to get out of the state before they had fuel and supplies run dry. Please keep everyone in the path of this hurricane in your thoughts and prayers. 

4 comments:

  1. The babies will be so cute.
    Prayers for all in FL.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the babies progress - they are so stinkin cute! I hear ya' about needing some creative time, and it's amazing how quickly our homes cry out for attention when we get busy elsewhere. Those poor folks in the South certainly do need our continued prayers and whatever other assistance we are able to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww - they're cute already so they can't help but get even cuter.
    And yes, my heart breaks for Florida right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry of createology: I can only hope and pray that the media has blown up Milton and he will actually be much kinder to Florida. So much damage and devastation has already been caused by Helene. My Little Family is in Ocala. I pray for safety for all!!! Your sweet little birdies are precious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna