September 30, 2022

Good Riddance, Ian!...


I watched current Florida weather coverage on my iPad as I made bread yesterday. Seeing all the damage, loss, and water had me in tears most of the day. I know all these sw Florida cities that we so hard hit from the hurricane, and my heart ached for everyone in the path of this most devastating storm.

I know some of my quilting friends live in mobile home parks, and I can only imagine just how bad it was for them. I'm praying no one was hurt. I don't want to make phone calls when they all have so much to do now - whether it's for themselves or to help others, but I do wonder how each of my friends has come through this event.

I now know that there's flooding in our old neighborhood, but I don't know how well our previous home fared this time. I'm hoping to find out that the folks who purchased it from us are alright. I can't even imagine how the people who suffered losses are feeling right now. I'll continue to pray for everyone.


After I finished baking bread mid-afternoon, I turned my attention to my embroidery. I made some good headway, but didn't come close to finishing her yet. We'll see how much I can accomplish today.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures of the storm are so sad & devastating.
    Mrs. looks so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian and Fiona have caused so much damage and heartache for so many people. It will likely take years to recover from all the devastation. Prayers for all those affected and also prayers that no more storms happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: Storms are beyond devastating. I continue to pray for everyone affected. Mrs. Cardinal is coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna