September 6, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - Food For Thought...


Hi, Everybody!
Today I'm offerin' some food for thought, and maybe even a call to action.

Do you have a pet you love as much as Mom and Dad love Bella, Carly and me? (Claudette & Crystal, too!)  Well, if you do, I'd like you to think about somethin'. Have you made arrangements for what should happen to them if somethin' happens to you?

Mom and Dad made sure that if they can't take care of us, someone they love and trust will. It's all handled. I know they both are reassured and their minds are at ease knowin' that we'll never end up dumped or in a shelter.

Too many wonderful pets - young and old - beloved by their owners, get sent to shelters because their family won't or can't take care of them. I know when Mom's dad died, her sister (Di) who'd taken care of their dad, promised that she'd take his dog. It made his passin' easier, knowin' that Titus would be somewhere safe, warm and surrounded by love...and that he is.

All those pets end up confused and afraid in strange buildin's when just a little while before they were sleepin' on the bed, gettin' regular cuddles, and eatin' treats. Next thing they know, their favorite person is gone and they have no idea what happened to turn their lives upside down.

So, I'm not gonna drone on about this. If you have a much-loved pet, please be sure you've made a plan for them, so they don't end up in a shelter - or worse, euthanized - because no one would step up to take care of them. I promise, you'll sleep better at night. That's all for this week. Thanks for listenin'.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Been There, Chewed That!"

13 comments:

  1. Be assured Tag, our little girl Lilly will be well cared for.My friend and I had our girls from the same litter, and promised each other that we would step in if and when we needed to.We have Izzy if they go away and Lilly goes to them when we have to travel.Its a very valid point Tag.. We must make sure our beloved pets will be OK.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not anonymous lol...I'm Laurajane.dowdall lol.x

      Delete
    2. Hi Miss Laurajane:
      Thank you for sharin' that with us. That's a really good friend - and so are you - to make that pact with each other. We were all havin' this conversation with our older son, and before we could finish a sentence, he said, "I'll take 'em". He was very serious, and promised that we would all be taken care of. We were so grateful. That's a huge concern off Mom and Dad's minds. I'm sure you felt the same way about Lilly and Izzy.
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. So glad Mom & Dad have plans made out.
    It's so sad that many pets are not cared for after people pass away.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      We wish we could take them all in and give them warm homes for the rest of their lives. It makes us so sad to think of them. We agree with you.Mom and her best friend always talk about starting an old dog sanctuary. It would have a chair or sofa for every single dog...and lots of cuddles so they wouldn't be sad anymore.
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. It's not only when people pass away Tag - it seems that the shelters (at least here) are being currently overrun with pets that people got during Covid but now they're having to return to the work environment, their pets are being given up at an alarming rate. The poor pets suffer from separation anxiety after having been with their people 24/7 and it's causing all sorts of issues. So sad. Good of you to point this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      You're so right! It makes me so sad to think of the pets that are considered disposable. Those people really make us mad, too. Their pets deserve better. Thanks for bringin' that up.
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Great advice Tag. I know you are always on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an end of life closing paralegal, directions (and care funds) can be put in our Wills or Trusts. No arguing among everyone either that way. Good job Tag - very important stuff today today. Tell mom you get a treat. Since this will post with a big fat A - this is Miss Charlene in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Charlene!
      Great hearin' from you, especially bein' able to tell people how they can make sure their pets are taken care of! Thanks!! I'll make sure Mom knows you said to give me a treat - or two. lol
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  6. Sherry of createology: Tag you always have the best advice and it is extra important because it comes from a smart dogs view. Lol. I know how lost pets are when their human is no longer able to take care of them. Very sad. I know my Granddaughter’s black Lab Shadow will be very well taken care of. Enjoy your week dear. Smooches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      Thanks. I wish we could take care of them all. I guess we're just hopin' to open a few eyes and make sure as many as possible will be okay. Have a good week.
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna