September 16, 2022

First Guests Arrive...


Our first guests arrived yesterday, much to the delight of the furry residents of Hickory Hill Farm. Tag and The Girls are always glad to see my sister, but her husband and best friend were new to them. They were both received with raucous enthusiasm.

Brenda is my sister's best friend, so I was so happy to finally meet her. Tag, Bella and Carly were glad to meet her, too. Just look at Tag. What a suck-up. He's so bloody fickle! He was all over this poor woman - although I admit, she seemed to enjoy their attention.

The kitchen will be a bustling hub of activity all day, and all the delicious creations will be dinner for the wedding party this evening, following the rehearsal. We'll help Di as we're able, to try to make things easier for her. It's definitely going to be a long, strenuous day for her, and we're sure she'll be happy when it's over. She's a great cook, so there's no worry that her food will be a huge success.

My niece and her children arrive later today. Then we'll be to full capacity around here. We can't wait! So, I'd better get busy helping. Much to do before this day is over. More updates tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like the puppies enjoyed the new guests!
    I hope everything goes off without a hitch!
    Have a great time.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Oh, the schmoozing is rampant around here this weekend! It's pretty cute. I'll be sharing wedding photos on Monday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Have fun!! I'm sure the furries will be more than happy to help entertain the guests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      You wouldn't believe how much snuggling and smooching is going on right now. It's exhausting to watch. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful time for all. Enjoy! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      We're so happy to welcome her to our family. Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Ah what a great set of photos Donna of the puppy dogs greeting your guest. Sounds like you will be having a busy weekend. Love your cardinal - he is gorgeous. Enjoy your wedding and family. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie:
      Thanks for your note. The dogs are all over Brenda. She's a doggie magnet! I helped Di prepare the food for the rehearsal dinner. I was exhausted by the end of the night (when they came back, they had Nesco roasters and dishes that needed to be cleaned before I could go to bed.)
      Fun today!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Laurajane.Hes a big flirt that Tag,but gorgeous with it.Enjoy all the activities dear Donna.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurajane:
      You're so right on all counts. Time to celebrate today!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Nothing makes a house feel more like home than when it shelters loved ones! Enjoy your weekend and your people! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      My sentiments exactly! Party pictures on Monday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna