September 13, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - I've Been Assaulted...


Hi, Everybody!
I'm sure you can see I'm not my usual perky self. There's a definite reason.

Mom asked me if I wanted to go for a ride yesterday. Well, what dog doesn't love a truck ride? I jumped at the offer to head out with Mom - and no Labradors. We turned east from the farm, and I was filled with a great sense of adventure.

Slam on the breaks. What cruel deception is this? When we got out of the truck I knew where we were. The vet's office!!! Wait just a doggone minute! Mom chirped somethin' mundane at me, snapped on my lead, and walked me inside. (I did get to take a flash whiz on the pillar right outside the door on my way in, though. Take that!)

It was time for my annual checkup, which means I got my toenails chopped and shots were administered. I like the people there well enough, but how come we never go there just to get a treat or say "hi"? Why is it only when I get poked and prodded? Yuck!

After they were done insultin' me, Mom took me out to the truck so she could go back in and pay for the damages. When she came back to the truck, she told me I really missed somethin' fun. Right after my appointment, the vet was seein' another Corgi!!!! It was a little girl named "Bumblebee". Isn't that sweet? Mom said she reminded her of Ceri, who lived with us for a while and then went to live with Aunt Di. I wish I'd seen Bumblebee. I bet we would have really hit it off! (It certainly would have made for a happier trip to the vet for me.)

As it was, we drove home and soon after it was dinner time. Dad said the shots must have made me dozy because every time I stopped walkin', I just dropped to the sleepin' position. I couldn't help myself. I followed Mom to the studio, and when she didn't see me underfoot, she found me under her sewin' machine on my bed. I ended up callin' it a night early, and should be myself again by mornin'.

Before I close, I'd like to take a moment to express my condolences to Queen Elizabeth II's Corgis. We're all mournin' her passin', and know that now, she'll be reunited with all those great pets who passed before. I'd like to show my respect by sharin' a few Corgi tributes to Her Majesty. 







 







Rest In Peace.


From Your Faithful Servant,
Tag

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better today, Tag.
    Mom just likes to take good care of you.
    I'm sorry you missed Bumblebee though.
    The Queen's Corgi's will be well taken care of by family members.
    RIP Queen.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaw Tag - that's too bad about all the indignities you went through - hopefully you're feeling your old self today.
    It was good to hear on the news that the Queen's corgis will be loved by other family members. I'm sure they miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: Hi Tag. Here I am a day late again. I am sorry you got assaulted however I am so glad Mom takes such good care of you by visiting the Vet. I hope You did get treats after all the attention from the doctor. The Queen had excellent taste in having Corgi’s as her companions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna