September 8, 2022

I'm Really Loving This...


I was so happy with the progress I made today that I just had to share again. I think Mr. Cardinal is looking as I envisioned he would. 

The lower end of the wing has straight stitching to delineate the feathering, and is waiting for me to cover the red felt with stitching. I did a little rework on the beak so it looked more realistic, and also made a lot of headway on the body of this dapper gent. I like how I detailed his chest with little fluffers.

This is the result of about nine hours of embroidery. Of course, I took breaks along the way, and then even managed to spend a little time outdoors, because it was gorgeous outside today. 

I'll be sitting at my frame again today, and see how much more I can do. I'm hoping to finish the wing, and more of the body. Winter Song is shaping up nicely, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. It IS shaping up nicely, he's gorgeous!
    You'll have him done in no time.
    Yes, yesterday was beautiful after 4 days of darkness.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thank you, dear. I'm hoping to have him finished by the end of the weekend. Then I can start on his girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I agree, he IS shaping up nicely. There's not a feather out of place that I can see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Squeeee! That's my hope. Updating for Friday. Hope you like what you see.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: I believe if any real Cardinals see this they will be very jealous. Looking Marvelous Darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sweet Friend.
      If only! I'm just hoping I do him justice before embarking on the female. I actually think she'll be harder.
      Happy Friday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna