September 19, 2022

A Beautiful Day To Say


…I do!
I promised photographs, and I always try to keep my word.
Here are just a few to whet your appetite. 
I have loads of them, and will be happy to show you more of the splendid day we shared.


Uncle Handsome and I stopped to greet the groom pre-ceremony to try to calm his nerves.
He was so darn cute, and couldn't wait to marry his love.

 

The ceremony began with my nephew, Dan walking his mama - my sister, Di - down to her seat.
Her husband is right behind her on the walk. 


The ceremony was held on the deck of this lovely farm estate.
I missed a photo of their sons before the ceremony, but each of them wore badges that said
"Ring Security"
In addition to their badges, they also wore mock Secret Service-type ear buds. 
They went all-in on the assignment. Elder carried his dad's ring, and Younger carried the bride's.


The ceremony was quite touching, and I have lots of photos before and after this moment…
The moment they sealed their vows with a kiss.


So much going on, but the bride asked me if I could "install" the bustle after the ceremony.
The old workhorse quickly answered the bell. 
With my prepared kit, I set to adding a bustle fastener to her gown.

I placed circles of stabilizer in front of and under the gown where I'd determined it should go.
My thinking was that if someone stepped on her gown, the stabilizer would protect the gown.

One circle - for the outside - had the seam binding machine sewn to it.
My process was to hold one circle under the gown, and then sew the top circle 
and ribbon would be sewn together. I did that step by hand.

The dress train was quite heavy and cumbersome. Another man named Andy, who 
came to my rescue offered to hold onto the gown while I made the installation. 
He's a good friend of Dan's, and he was so chivalrous. 


Once the sewing was complete, I brought the seam binding up to tie behind the antique brooch.
The bustle did its job until someone stepped on the back of her gown. By that, I mean that it 
didn't tear the gown. The ribbon stayed attached to the brooch, breaking away from the 
stabilizer and keeping the gown from being torn. I'm so happy my concept actually worked!


The cupcakes were delicious, by the way.

I have lots more photos of this perfect day. I snapped away during the ceremony, 
and reception. So many smiling faces! If you'd like me to share more photos, 
just leave a comment below. I wish you could have been all around me.

Remember to let me know if you'd like to see more photos.

6 comments:

  1. You are always working!
    Glad you could help her.
    It looks like a beautiful wedding.
    Yes, we would love to see more pictures!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made the bustle. Wonderful photos! Please share more. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, more pictures please! Such a beautiful couple - their smiles say it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry of createology: Such a lovely couple and ceremony. Your bustle worked perfectly dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the happy couple. Of course we want more photos - did you really need to ask (hee-hee)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful wedding and a happy couple for sure. It was so nice to see the children involved and know they had a great time too. Please share more wonderful pictures with us. Always love to see wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna