September 15, 2022

Feather Dancing...


Here's my progress so far. I've been working on the wing, but not as much as I'd hoped. This week is "Wedding Week" for our dear nephew, Dan and his fiance' Alexandria. Our house will be full, as my sister Di, her husband, and her BFF, Brenda will be staying here. My eldest niece/goddaughter and two of her three children will also be staying with us. We can't wait!

Di and her group will arrive later this morning. My niece will be here on Friday. I'll be having so much fun. There's nothing quite as wonderful to me as having loved ones close. The kitchen will be the hub of activity, as Di is making all the food for her son's rehearsal dinner. Of course, Brenda and I will be available to help.

Handsome, Brenda and I will hang out here while Di and her husband head to the rehearsal dinner on Friday. Then, late Friday night, my niece and her kiddos will roll in from Minnesota. She's working, so they won't even start driving until after she finishes for the weekend. So, I'll have lots of fun photos to share, but probably no cardinal updates until after everyone heads back home.


Anyway, I think my wing is working out the way I wanted it to. You can see I still have some felt to cover, but I'm busy trying to make the wing look feathery. My overstitching on top of the grey thread worked out well, too. Just enough showing through, but adding padding with the layers.

I'll probably get back to this on Sunday, but I'll be sharing wedding and family photos - not embroidery - for the next few days. I hope you won't mind. I'd better get busy. I still have things to do before our guests arrive.

8 comments:

  1. Mr. Cardinal looks fabulous!
    Sounds like yo will have a busy, but fun weekend.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this special weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We can't wait to add Alex(andria) to our family.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have THE best weekend coming up! Enjoy every moment of it and definitely looking forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Looking forward to every second! I'll definitely share pictures.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. You are so clever. He will be so handsome when you have finished. Enjoy the visit with family and the wedding. Much luck to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marrianne:
      Thanks, girlfriend. I sure hope he'll be. We're so looking forward to this wedding. It's been a long while coming. LOL
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna