September 12, 2022

September Craft Day and Tea...

 
Saturday was another fun craft day in Portage with my girlfriends. Some of us made more than one project, as we'd missed last month's get together. Adrienne isn't in the photograph because she was occupied with getting ready for our post-crafting tea. Deb couldn't make it, and we surely missed her quick wit and sense of humor.
 
 
I didn't make it to Portage in August because that weekend was our daughter-in-law's dad's Celebration of Life. He was a lovely man, so we wanted to be there to pay our respects.
 
So, I did two projects on Saturday. The acorn was my rendition of last month's project, and the little hanger on the right was this month's project. We could choose from pumpkins, maple leaves or acorn shaped wood pieces. Are you surprised in the least that I picked an acorn for my project?
 
I chose shimmering blues and green paints for the door hanger, so they'll sparkle in the sunlight. I even painted my beads for this one.
 
 
Adrienne put out quite the spread for our tea. There were finger sandwiches, the scones I contributed, and lots of pastries! I behaved myself, only choosing a few items with no seconds. Kim left as soon as the sweets appeared as she's on a diet. So are Marie and I, but we're allowed anything in moderation (and we're on the same plan!).

 
Adrienne was standing with the kiddos when I took these photographs, but she soon joined the ladies at the big kids table and left these three on their own. During cleanup, we discovered that these scamps added enough sugar to their tea that they'd managed to nearly empty the sugar bowl! I pity Adrienne and Kim once that sugar rush kicked in! (I was well on my way home before that happened.)
 
All in all it was another fun day. I'm in charge of October's project. We'll be meeting toward the end of the month, so I'll be cleared by the surgeon by then. I can't wait to show you what I have planned for our gathering. I think they'll enjoy it!
 
Tag will see you tomorrow, and I'll be back on Wednesday with more of my Winter Song project photos to share. See you then!

8 comments:

  1. Laura Jane. Hi Donna, both hangings are beautiful. Great to spend time with good friends. Donna you look fabulous and so well,you are glowing. Much love to you and yours. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura Jane: They certainly were fun to do. I always love being with my friend and her children/grands/great grands. They're all wonderful people. Thanks so much for the compliment, too! I've been working on losing weight. 20# gone to date. I'm so proud! I appreciate you commenting about my appearance. <3
      Love to you, as well, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun day with cute projects!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We did have fun, and I managed to get there and back before it started raining! wooo hoo!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What? You? Choosing an acorn? Surprising!
    Looks like a fun time creating (and eating!) was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I know. A real shocker, right? lol We did have a perfectly lovely day. I'm looking forward to my post-op October get together. I'm planning something fun and completely different.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: I adore your acorn…no surprise why you picked it. The rainbow sun catcher is very pretty. Lovely tea and time crafting with friends. I am excited to see your October project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I had so much fun decorating my acorn. It now hangs between our front door and the storm. I had fun with the sun catcher, and will be gifting that to a loved one. Tea was wonderful. I'm looking forward to my turn in October, too. It will be different from what we've done so far.
      Thanks for the note, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna