September 26, 2022

Fingers Crossed…

 

Here’s hoping the afternoon service call gets us back on internet. Posting updates from my cell phone is more than inconvenient. I also apologize for not responding to your comments, and I promise I’ll catch up and respond soon. 

I’m continuing to work on my cardinals, having added padding to the female’s tummy to give her more dimension. All the wool will be covered with stitching, so she’ll be nicely rounded when all is said and done.

I’m not quite as far along as I’d hoped to be at this point. Handsome has been under the weather, and took a trip to the ER on Friday for diagnosis and supportive care. He was away from home two nights, but he’s back at the farmhouse where I can give him lots of TLC. 

I’m hoping things will be back to normal this week. Let’s see. Here’s my wish list: 1) Internet back up, 2) Handsome back to 100%, 3) Make significant progress on my cardinals, and  4) Get my quilt entry in to Primitive Gatherings before the weekend. I think that’s all achievable. 

Tag will be back tomorrow. I’ll be back Wednesday, planning to show you a completed female cardinal! Off to get breakfast and that morning cuppa java now. Toodles!

Donna

14 comments:

  1. The Cardinals are both so very pretty.
    I hope Handsome feels better soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. He's feeling much better today. Internet is back up, too, so I'm a happy girl!
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your cardinals are coming along so beautifully! Your bird wall hangings are going to be so amazing together! Maybe they will lead to even more birds.... So sorry to hear about your hubby's current health concern that lead to an ER/hospital visit - hope he's feeling greatly improved today and 100% before the weekend! Hoping you stay healthy, too... you obviously have a lot to do! (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I have a bluebird in mind for the next one, and my mum suggested I do sparrows after that. I have to ask her about her affinity for them. Handsome is doing much better, and we're optimistic that he'll be right as rain in a few more days. Thankfully, the worst is over. Hoping to get back to needlework Tuesday.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Your cardinals are so detailed! It must take hours to accomplish. Praying Handsome feels better quickly. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      I think I have over 45 hours into them so far. Good thing I'm not charging my time! I'm pretty happy with the way they look so far. More stitching on Tuesday. Thanks for the prayers for my husband. He's doing better already!
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I hope Handsome is feeling better. ER trips certainly aren't where anybody wants to be.
    You're making amazing progress on the cardinals and they're looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thank you so much. We agree about those ER trips. He's getting better by the day now that he's back home and we know the worst is over. I'm getting there on the cardinals. More stitching today.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. These birds are turning out to be quite the pair. So fun watching their progress. Hope Handsome is soon on the mend and doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really enjoying the process! Handsome is doing much better, thanks, and I can relax again. You know how we worry when someone we loved is needing ER intervention. I'm so glad he's back home.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Well my iPhone let’s me respond where mi pad won’t however I am not anonymous! It’s Charlene in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it, Charlene. Doing posts on my iphone is a major pain! I'm glad you let me know it was you. Our internet is back again, but it looks like we need to get a new router for backup. Who knew their lifespan was only 2-3 years? I'm sure this one is at least 4! Living on borrowed time, I guess. I don't want to be caught flat-footed, so I'll order a new one this week.
      Hugs, girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Sherry of createology: Oh Dear. I do hope Handsome will be 100% now. Keep stitching your magical Cardinals. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sherry. Handsome is already doing so much better, and I'm happiest when he's home to get well. I got sidetracked today, but will be back to my needlework tomorrow.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna