January 5, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - Sweet Sunday...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Little Girl Is Growing Up
 
 Hi, Everybody!
Boy, did I have a fun weekend. Our girls came to visit on Sunday, and I was over the moon. I've written about my granddaughters before, and how I'm more than a little partial to the redhead. We have that in common. (I do love my other granddaughter, too.) Click HERE to read another post about the little redhead from 2013, when she and I were both puppersnappers.

Brynwood Needleworks - Opening Presents
 
Mom said I was lookin' at her with attitude in this picture. Maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't. I was just happy as a clam sittin' where I was, and Mom was laughin' at me because I was lookin' so "smitten". That is always a "yes". I spent the day followin' Granddaughter #2 around. It was great.

Brynwood Needleworks - Miss Shelly's Kittens

The weather was really nice on Sunday, and we had other visitors, too. Our granddaughters were takin' pictures of them, and Dad was beside himself. He's not a fan of these visitors at all. Neither is Bella, but the visitors didn't have any idea about that. They just hung around, playin' and enjoyin' our porch!
 
This spring, Miss Shelly started takin' care of a feral cat after she had kittens. Three of them. Two of them are still with her, and Miss Shelly thinks the third one was adopted by another mama cat. Now, Mama and her kittens show up in our barn during the day, and then go to Miss Shelly's the rest of the time. They were all here on Sunday.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - We Love This One
 
Cat's don't bother me a bit. When I was a wee lad, the lady who owned my bio mom and dad also had lots of cats hangin' around their farm. I kinda like them, even now.
 
Mom is kinda partial to this pretty face. The kittens are shy with us, so Mom doesn't know if this is a boy or girl, but she said she'd guess it's a girl. Isn't she pretty?

Brynwood Needleworks - Black Kitten

Her litter mate is a black cat. He's really handsome, too. There's an adult black cat that is spendin' the winter sleepin' in our wood shed. He shows up in the trail cam photos down at the Habitat, so Mom thinks he's eatin' the food she leaves out for the opossums. She's nicknamed him "Soot". Maybe he's related to this little guy?
 
The kittens and their mama hung around for at least an hour before heading back up the hill to go home. Luckily, Bella never saw them, so they didn't get chased today. 

So, that was how our Sunday went. All in all, it was really nice, and I always look forward to the next time I'll see our girls. I think Mom and Dad are lookin' forward to it, too.
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time with family.
    Do you like the kitties Tag?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you don't chase the kitties Tag - you must keep reminding yourself of what happened the last time you chased something and the trouble you got into. Looks like you had a grand time with your special visitors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna