January 13, 2021

The Staff of Life...



Are you tired of seeing bread photographs yet? It's the one thing I've been most motivated to do as I heal. I guess it really is the staff of life.
 
These were a test run for a gift I gave my uncle over the Christmas holiday. I gifted him four loaves of bread a month for the year. The last loaf I gave him was a bit large for his taste, so I wanted to try some smaller sizes. I added a few rolls to the batch (which ended up part of our dinner of homemade cheeseburgers last night). 
 
So, the only issue I had was that I had to put my loaves on two sheets on two separate shelves in the oven. Because I don't like to open the oven door while the bread is baking, the bottom loaves got too brown, and one of the top loaves did, too. They're fine for eating, but not up to par for gifting.
 
I'm going to the restaurant supply store in town today to look for one pan small enough to fit in my oven, but large enough to hold four round loaves like these. Once I accomplish that, I'll be making the loaves for his January installment. I'll ask Handsome to be my driver, so after coffee, we'll be on our way.

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. Those breads look delicious.
    Love the smell of fresh bread baking.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      You've been baking, too, haven't you? It's such a rewarding pursuit, and the house smells yummy from start to finish.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. mmmm - yum! I actually CAN smell these baking. Oh wait....that's English muffins baking that I'm smelling....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MA;
      You're baking English muffins?!!! YUM! My sister is a baker, too, and sent photos of hers. I really have to give them a try! Enjoy!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Resident Chef is the cook, not me. Can't imagine what a dismal failure they'd be if I were to attempt them! His are made with sourdough (as is all our bread since the pandemic struck).

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious! I wish I still had my breadmaker, but I would eat entirely too much bread if I had it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny:
      Our last bread machine died, and we actually only use ours for pizza dough, so I went on Facebook Marketplace, and bought a machine from a local lady who didn't use hers. It was only $25, and works like a charm! You might want to check your local sellers for a good deal.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna