January 15, 2021

Did You Know?...

DuFrane Movers Logo
 
I don't know if you already knew this, but when you can't manage moving your own furniture around, you can hire moving companies to do it for you. It's called "in-house moving services". Genius, right?

You already know that I have lifting restrictions (which are making me a bit nuts, by the way), and as vital and strong as Handsome is, he's in his seventh decade, and it's just not smart. So, I got on the phone and contacted the same company that moved us to Florida twenty years ago. Yes, they're still in business.

Their rep came to the farmhouse on Tuesday, and we showed him what we wanted moved out of the house, and what we wanted moved within the house. He gave us a price and we called back on Wednesday. They had an opening yesterday to be able to help us. Everything got moved in less than an hour, and neither Handsome nor I strained a single muscle! I still have things to put away (furniture was moved out of the main bedroom, with smaller pieces moved in), so I'll get that finished today. I'm realizing I have too much stuff, and I need to do something about that.

This service wasn't free - they charge $150 an hour, including travel time - but to us, it was worth every penny. Given the same circumstances, I'm sure we'd do it again. So, if you weren't aware that this service was available, now you know.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that - thank you! Hopefully they do the same here in Canada. We have a pull-out couch in my sewing room that I would dearly love to get rid of but we can't begin to move it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Give them a call. I'd be shocked if they didn't. If you contact them, I'd love to know how it turns out. Those sofa beds are almost as heavy as bank safes! lol
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna