January 21, 2021

The Sky Was On Fire...

Brynwood Needleworks - Sunset Last Night

Last night's sunset was like seeing the sky on fire. It was so fabulous, I had to share it with you. We've had mostly cloudy days for about two weeks. The sun peeked through on only about two days, and then ducked behind the clouds again. 
 
Yesterday was mostly cloudy, too, but the sun came out for a little bit before it went down behind the hill above the farmhouse. It was so cold and windy all day, that seeing this sunset made up for it. Handsome even helped me fill the birdfeeders (our feathered guests need extra support when it's this cold!), and then we took food down to the Habitat for the opossums, raccoons, and ahem...cats...who visit every night.  I was happy for the help, because I could get back into the house sooner. I got inside just in time to see this sunset and take a picture for you. 

If you live where it gets cold, I hope you're warm and snug inside. If you live when it's warm, don't rub it in! (Florida sure looks like a good idea again right now.) Let's hope tomorrow is sunny and warmer.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

12 comments:

  1. Nice sunset I love sunsets
    We also feed the birds and we have plenty in the garden !
    Wish you a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Catherine:
      Thanks so much for your note. My world is happier with the birds and critters (large and small) in it. I like that we have that in common.
      Blessings,
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!
    there have been some beautiful sunsets the past 2 weeks.
    The little Chickadees & Juncos had trouble flying yesterday with the wind.
    They are so determined though, so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We noticed the same thing yesterday. It was so windy here! The mourning doves huddled together in my kitchen garden, away from the wind. They love the sheltered, southern exposure. All of them, big and little, were puffed up to stay warm, and they all ate the feeders empty. It's okay. They can eat what they need, and we'll just keep filling the feeders.
      Blessings,
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. We are in north central Illinois and the days have been cloudy but Monday, Tuesday and even a little bit yesterday the sun came out. I went outside and stood in the front yard and just raised my face to it. Felt so good even tho cold it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi:
      We all basically require sunshine, don't we? I remember being a teenager and heading out in my swimsuit as soon as the temps reached 50ยบ. lol I can imagine the look of pure joy on your face as you were sun-kissed yesterday. Thanks for sharing that with me.
      Blessings,
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Wow - what an incredible sight! Our apartment faces east so we very rarely see a sunset and I'm ashamed to admit I even more rarely drag out of bed in time to see a sunrise either. Lots of cloud here too and I think the sun has forgotten about us. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I only see the sunrise when I have to get up in the early morning to go potty, or if I have a really early commitment. I hope the sun is shining for you today, as it's out in full force for us! I've been smiling all morning!
      Best wishes for a lovely day.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Sunset!! My favorite time of day. We've had a very cloudy, foggy January so far - but today is sunny and beautiful. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen:
      The top of my list is an Autumn sunset. I'm a night owl, so it's more to my liking. I agree. It's been a gray January here, too. I'll take the sunshine whenever we can get it. Enjoy this day, my dear, and thank you for your note.
      Blessings,
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. I always love sunset and sunrise pictures like this! It is so cloudy here today. Last night the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherri:
    We really need more sunshine these days! I hope you get some, too. Thanks for your note!
    Big hugs, girlfriend.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna