January 4, 2021

Family Time...

Brynwood Needleworks - Family
 
Sunday was a lovely day. It was cold and foggy, but inside the farmhouse it was cozy and warm. Our younger son and his family came for a late Christmas/New Year/early Birthdays celebration. Handsome and this son share a birth month, so there will be more celebrating in January.
 
I made a meal that is our own family's tradition, which is a pork crown roast with a fennel, sausage, wild rice stuffing. I also made my aunt's tasty fruit salad, and my best friend's mom's cranberry bread with a delicious sweet sauce, served hot. There were roast carrots and sauteed green beans as sides. Everyone ate their fill and then helped clear the table.

Of course, we had to take pictures during the day (Tag will tell you about some of them tomorrow), and then this one of Handsome with our son, his beautiful wife, and our beloved granddaughters before they left.

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Pantry and Kitchen

Handsome and I cleaned up after everyone left. We didn't want our loves driving in the dark, plus tomorrow's a school day for our girls, so we sent them off before it got late. 
 
After the kitchen and dining room were cleaned up, I made a cup of tea and reflected on our day. I stood in our pantry, looking back into the kitchen as I waited for my water to boil, and thought about how truly blessed our family is. I also took a moment to think about Dad. 
 
Yesterday marked six months since his passing to glory. As much as my siblings and I miss him, we know he's walking the Streets of Gold and no longer in pain. We'd be selfish to want anything different for him, but we don't miss him any less. I couldn't help but think how he would have enjoyed the meal I made for our family. I hope he watches over us and smiles.

This week, I'm going to try to work a little more in the studio. I have a few "Ensemble" Hobo Bags, and some "Nocturne" Overnight Bags to create. I'll spend as much time each day as I'm comfortably able, but I still can't overdo it. I get too tired, and it takes a while to recuperate. So, I'll do what I can without risking my healing.

Tag will be here tomorrow. He's got a lot on his mind, so I'll let him tell you about it. (Heck, he's been talking non-stop since yesterday!) I'll see you again on Wednesday. I hope you have a great week!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect gathering with your family.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We had a wonderful time. Thanks for your note.
      Happy New Year!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful family time Donna! They are the best! Have a great week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri:
      It was really nice, and we sure needed to see them. It's been too long. I hope you have a great week, too.
      Hugs!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful family! Lucky you to be able to spend some time together - everyone looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MA:
      It was just what the doctor ordered! The only thing is that it never lasts long enough. We're already looking forward to the next time.
      I hope you have a good week.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna