January 6, 2021

My Word For 2021...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Word For 2021

verb (used with object), em·braced, em·brac·ing.

1. to take or clasp in the arms; press to the bosom; hug.
2. to take or receive gladly or eagerly; accept willingly: to embrace an idea.
3. to avail oneself of: to embrace an opportunity.
 
I spent quite a bit of time thinking about what I wanted 2021 to look like. I believe what you think about, you bring about, so I wanted my Word For 2021 to reflect that.

First, I loved the #1 definition for the word "Embrace". There were entirely too few hugs handed out in 2020. That has to change for 2021. Everyone feels better, and is scientifically healthier, when they hug. So, goal #1 shall be "more embracing/hugs".

Second, I contemplated how I could put #2 into action this year. I think this year, I'll be more open to new ideas. Thinking outside the box. Trying something different. I'm looking forward to this. For one thing, I wasn't able to complete all the unfinished projects I had last year. 
 
Yes, my Handsome and my health issues had more than a little to do with that, but the result was that I still have those items staring me in the face. I'm going to put some time into creating an action plan to finish every one of them this year. 

I also want to organize, purge, and create "space" in my life. Getting behind on homekeeping, indoor and outdoor projects, and needing some additional storage options make for a bit of visual clutter that is really bugging me. Of course, my lifting limits are in my way right now, but I've got twelve months to accomplish this.

Last, #3 for me, I have no idea what those opportunities might possibly be, but I'll be keeping my eyes open so I don't miss something right in front of me. 
 
I added more words to my image. Simple reminders that I'm going to be sure to Embrace love, joy creativity, and life in 2021.

Have you chosen a word for 2021? Do you make New Year's resolutions? What do you hope to accomplish in the coming year? I'd love to know!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Birthday Guy

One more VERY important thing. Today is Handsome's Birthday. I'm going to be baking his favorite chocolate chip cookies, and making a few other of his favorite treats. I'm so blessed to be married to him, and I want to celebrate him today.

DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Handsome!��
    I need to purge,purge,purge!
    Have a great day
    Darlene N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene:
      We'll both be doing that over the next year! I actually started yesterday. It will take a while, but we'll get there!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Handsome!!
    I don't make resolutions, but I want to organize better & finish unfinished projects.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm not much for resolutions either. Organizing and finishing UFOs is a great goal for both of us!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Happy Birth Day wishes to your Handsome! I think you can start off the use of your yearly word and go and give him a nice big one!!! I enjoyed reading your definition for your word choice and here's to having success and enjoyment of it throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MA:
      Thanks. I'm happy to oblige! (Perhaps a smooch, too!) I'm grateful you came by to read today, and hope you'll come along in the new year to follow my progress. I'm going to give it my best shot.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Handsome! I'm still trying to decide on my Word for the year. I thought about Fearless, but I'm terrified about COVID, and I'm terrified about where our country is right now, so I don't think Fearless will work. Maybe Strength? to get me through the next year alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny:
      I'll pass your Birthday wishes along to Handsome. I understand your dilemma. I'm with you about Fearless, and your reasoning...especially after today. ugh. Maybe Faith would be a good word for you. I have faith in your strength - and you could have faith in your own abilities. Just a suggestion. I'll be interested to see what you choose.
      Big hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna