January 2, 2021

First Of The Year Finish...

Brynwood Needleworks - More Decorated Cookies
 
I decorated these cookies before New Year's Eve, but hadn't shared them yet. Here they are. The sugar cookies were iced with a simple butter cream frosting with added almond extract. I love the smell and taste of it!

The other cookies are gingerbread. They make the house smell just like Christmas! I used a textured roller that I'd received as a gift from our younger son's family for my Birthday. They gave me the textured roller, the snowflake cookie cutter, and an assortment of decorating sugars and sprinkles. They knew I'd started cookie making again, so they had the perfect gifts for me! 
 
I used the textured roller for the gingerbread, so I just iced the cookies along the impressions. It couldn't have been simpler, and the effect is pretty cool, right?
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Festive Table Runner

We got together with #1 son and his family on Christmas Day (remember Tag's little excursion?), and we're going to spend Sunday with #2 son and his family. I knew I could pace myself in the studio, because I had an extra week after Christmas.

I started this table runner a year ago as a gift for this same daughter-in-law, so I decided it was past time I get it done! I finished assembly yesterday, and was comfortable enough to be able to quilt and hand bind it. It's a large runner for their large table. It measures 55" long by 20" wide. I backed it with the same oak leaf fabric on the front border, and I love it, and hope she does, too.

I hope all of you had a safe and happy new year celebration. I'm preparing our traditional Christmas meal on Sunday. I ordered a pork crown roast, and will make a fennel, sausage and wild rice stuffing for it. Roast potatoes and a vegetable will round out the meal. I'm planning a raspberry cake dessert, or perhaps cranberry cake. I'll decide today. For now, I think I'll go crochet a little more popcorn! After my morning coffee, of course! (Some things never change. giggle)

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. The cookies are awesome.
    I'm sure your DIL will love the runner, it's beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn.
      I hope you have a great weekend!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your cookies look so pretty! And the table runner will be a welcome gift I'm sure. (btw - I've ordered the yarn with the thought of making some popcorn that might be a gift for next Christmas if I can figure out who to give it to!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I hope you'll email photos of your finished popcorn garland(s)! I figure it's a great portable project to work on throughout the year. By next Christmas, we should each have something to show for our efforts.
      Thanks for the compliment on the cookies, too. They were fun!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I expect likely the popcorn will feature on my blog at some point throughout the year. Still don't know what I'll end up doing with it, but I can't resist.

      Delete
  3. Your cookies are beautiful! And I'd love to get the recipe for your stuffing. I don't care for traditional stuffing, but yours sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna