January 18, 2021

Gentle Pursuits...

Brynwood Needleworks - Turtle Embroidery Progress
 
I spent more time working on my turtle embroidery piece over the weekend. In fact, slow and steady is winning. I made quite a bit of progress. I'm working on the center medallion now, but I have half of the motifs finished.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Turtle Embroidery Detail 1

I have four of the outer motifs completed, with four more to go. They will be a mirror image of the first four.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Turtle Embroidery Detail Two
 
I've also completed two of the inner motifs shown, plus the next two. The next four will also be mirror image of the four I embroidered yesterday.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Turtle Embroidery Detail Three

These are the other motifs of the first four outer motifs section. They'll also appear on the opposite end of the turtle embroideries.

I used chain stitch on the outer motif boxes, stem stitch on the floral stems, satin stitch, and French knots on the same section. The outline of the inner boxes is a split stitch, with centers embroidered in bouillon  bars. and rosette stitch. I've also completed (not photographed) the other two inner motifs of blanket stitch wheel, and another padded stitch. I'll share photos of them later in the week.

I'm pretty happy with the way is progressing. I'm having fun just following my muse, and embroidering away to my heart's content. Isn't that what it's all about? 

Lifting blessings for a peaceful, joyful, and calm week, following your own gentle pursuits. Tag will be here tomorrow, and I'll see you again on Wednesday.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. This is going to be so pretty for the stool.
    Love those bouillons & rosettes.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn. I'm having fun making them! Here's hoping you have a great week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. A project that leads to healing for both mind and body. Looking forward to seeing the wee stool transformed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I think you're right. Just what the doctor ordered! It's coming right along.
      Hope you have a great week!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Your embroidery is beautiful and I adore the linen color. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sweet Sherry:
      Thanks so much for your kind words, and for dropping by.
      Big hugs!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna