January 11, 2021

Cleaning and More...

Brynwood Needleworks - Pussy Willow Glasses Case
 
My studio has been looking like a sty for weeks. No, I'm not going to share "before" photos. lol I've been slowly tossing paper, purging things I don't need or want anymore, and organizing projects and kits. I got a lot accomplished, and my play spaces are looking so much better.
 
As I storted through my projects, I came across a needlepoint glasses case that was sooooo close to being finished. I'm not sure why I stopped working on it. I do know that it's been unfinished since I had my shop - and that was decades ago.
 
The case is from Alice Peterson's Stitch & Zip line. The pattern is a pussy willow, and all I had left to do is the small section shown as white canvas in this picture. Now, it's finished. I'll line the back of it with felt, and it will be ready to use. Cool, right? My first finish of 2021! 

By the way, Stitch & Zip kits are still available, but not this design. If you want to explore the line, HERE's the link. Have fun!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Wooden Beads For My Garlands

The crocheted popcorn garland pattern called for 8 mm beads. I ordered some, but when they arrived, I felt they were too small. I went online looking for something 15-16 mm, and was having a problem locating anything. Then, I came across an Ebay listing for five packages (100 beads total), so I ordered them. They arrived over the weekend, and they're perfect.
 
I'll be playing with them during the week, using dental floss for the strong stringing thread. I'll be alternating popcorn and beads. After I've got this batch strung, I'll take pictures to show you. Tag will see you tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. I have some "almost finished" projects also.
    Why do we do that? lol
    I'm loving that popcorn garland!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      As I've been stepping over things in the studio, and looking at all my UFOs, I find myself wondering the same thing. I'm not giving up on completing more projects this year. I need the space! Popcorn garlands are going to be the first finish, and I'll work back from there.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the garland with the beads added (and thank you for the tip about the bead size...I'm making a note of that for when/if the time comes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MA:
      Those 8mm beads were just too small, compared to the size of the popcorn pieces. I'm glad I could share that. I'll try to get a section of garland done today, so you can see how it looks with the bigger beads. I'll take a picture of the beads called for in the pattern, too, for comparison.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I found a source (after much searching) for the larger beads. Amazon, unfortunately, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else here that has that particular size. Can't wait to see completed section!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna