January 27, 2021

I Have To Do This...

Brynwood Needleworks - Inspirations Magazine Issue 109
 
My latest issue of Inspirations Magazine arrived last Saturday and I've been enjoying paging through it. The cover design features a gorgeous butterfly designed by British needleartist, Emillie Ferris. I actually have a few of her designs.  

This was just the first of the designs that caught my eye. There are a few lovely designs with crewel embroidery tutorials, and so much "inspiration"!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Inspirations Magazine Issue 109 Baby Blanket
 
You have to know I fairly squealed when I turned the page to see this project. It's a beautiful wool blend baby blanket with a wee opossum front and center!! This piece was designed by Jenny McWhinney of Australia using a technique called threadpainting.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Inspirations Magazine Issue 109 Opossum Embroidery Project

I have a brand, spankin' new great-niece, born yesterday (her name is Wynter Carol), and she's gorgeous. I think I may have to do this blanket project for her. I know I'm absolutely going to make the project, at least once!
 
I have to locate the blanket fabric first (the kit from the magazine is a bit pricey for me at $276.25.) I have lots of supplies (threads, needles, hoops) but I need to purchase the blanket and backing. I don't think that will be a problem. Once I locate that, I'll be ready to work on it in no time. 
 
Isn't it just adorable? I've come to really love the Hickory Hill opossums, and this little critter will be a perfect tribute to them.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. That Butterfly is beautiful.
    I LOVE the Opossum blanket, so cute.
    Hope you can find your supplies easily.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I may end up using something other than a cashmere/wool blend blanket fabric. Man! That's expensive stuff! I'll keep looking. I love that butterfly, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That magazine always has such inspiration and so many beautiful projects. I never would have thought of putting a possum on a blanket but this one is certainly adorable. It was a design created just for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I love that little opossum. Am I too old to carry a "bankie"? lol Thanks for the note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Never too old!! And there's always something else you could do with the design I'm sure.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna