September 28, 2017

Over The River And On The Wall...

Over The River Quilt

I've been thinking about this since I got back to the farmhouse. I wasn't sure whether or not we'd install a window on this wall (between our kitchen/back entry) as part of the kitchen remodel, so I delayed hanging up a quilt. Yesterday, Handsome and I decided against the window, so it was time to hang up my "Over The River" quilt.

My dear uncle came over with a section of scaffolding to span the basement staircase, and get high enough to attach the hanging hardware to the wall. Twenty minutes later, the quilt was hung.

Entry With Over The River Quilt
 
Handsome likes this installation as much as I do. Now the farmhouse has my favorite quilt hanging in the hall of our "friends and family" entrance. I think the only thing left to do in this area will be to change out the flooring when we do the kitchen. Every little thing we do for our farmhouse makes me love it more, and it seems to love us right back.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Donna your quilt looks perfect right in this spot to welcome your family and friends. This is such a stunning quilt you created with your beautiful sewing skills. WOW!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful there Donna with the light coming in. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect spot for this quilt. What a gorgeous piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my favorite quilt (of yours)!!! So happy that you got it up so you can enjoy it. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna