September 30, 2017

Friday, Friends & Fellowship...

Web Image
 
Shelly and I spent much of the day together yesterday. We decided to engage in a bit of "retail therapy".  We had a great time (as usual), and got back home mid afternoon.
 
New Prospect, Wisconsin
 
In the evening, Handsome and I headed to Woodland Creek to meet up with old and dear friends for a genuine, Wisconsin Friday Night Fish Fry. 
 
Supper clubs are a Midwest phenomenon, and are apparently uncommon in the rest of the country. People gather to share an adult beverage (like our unique and tasty Brandy Old-Fashioned Sweet), followed by a delicious meal of deep fried, grilled or baked fish. (If you know what's good for you, you order deep fried!)
 
We sat with Cathy and Tony, and fell right into the rhythm that only good friends know. It's always as though no time has passed at all since our last visit - even when it's been years. It was time well-spent, and we agreed to make another date very soon.

I did nothing in the studio yesterday, but deepening or renewing friendships more than makes up for it. Of course, today is another day. Who knows where it will lead? I'll tell you all about it on Monday.

 
Happy Fall, my friends.
(my favorite time of year!)
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Happy Fall to you too! Supper clubs were the fashion some years back but not lately...at least in central/southwest VA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying reading about you enjoying life and doing things with people you love!
    J. Jill has the most adorable acorn earrings - had to tell you about that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being flexible and enjoying whatever comes along is the very best way to enjoy each day. Family and Friends and Qualiity Time together is Priceless!!! Wonderful Weekend Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna