September 15, 2017

One For The "Win" Column...

Sweet Basil Jelly

I'm writing this post at the end of the day on Thursday. I had a loooong, productive day.
I'm going to share photos, and "stats", but few(er) words. I'm good tired. 

This Sweet Basic Jelly is tasty!
Use it any time you'd use mint jelly, or pour it out over a brick of cream cheese for a
sweet/savory appetizer, served with your favorite crackers. That's how we'll try it here.

Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam

 I haven't canned strawberry jam in forever!
This is the Strawberry-Rhubarb version. mmm mmm

Salsa (Ole'!!)

I purchased seven pounds of tomatoes on Wednesday. This is what I made with them.
Salsa. Now, where did I put those tortilla chips? I'd better wait at least until it cools, right?

More Pickles
 
I saw pickling cucumbers at the farmer's market on Wednesday, and couldn't resist. 
This is just a portion of the pickles I made. Grrrrr. They're floating. I really dislike it
when they float! If I'd packed them any harder, I would have broken the jars. 
Frustrating, even though they'll be just as tasty either way.
 
Here are my totals for today:
6.5 half pint jars of Sweet Basil Jelly
14.5 half pint jars of Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam 
9 half pints of Salsa
2 quarts and 10 pints of Pickles (bread & butter and dill)

I still have strawberries left, so I'll make Strawberry Jam today.
I also want to make some Lavender Jelly, so I'll see if I can get that done, too.

All in all, I'd say that yesterday goes into the "Win" column, and all these jars are going into the pantry! (giggling)
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing as comforting as seeing a pantry lined with home-canned goods. I'm sure you'll be enjoying them all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tired might be an understatement with all those canned goodies. Your pantry must be wonderfully stocked by now. And you are back at it today?!! You must have the energy of the Energizer Bunny!!!!! Sweet Home Sweet...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You done good, there, Suzy Homemaker. Seriously, though. What a great feeling, hey? xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna