August 31, 2017

Thank You Gifts Mailing Today...

Thank You Gifts

This was my dilemma...Create something nice to say, "thank you" to everyone who contributed their idea for Jenny Janome's name. Criteria: must be useful for anyone (not everyone sews or does needlework); needs to fit into a First Class postage envelope (mailing twenty of anything can get a little pricey); nice enough to be appreciated by the recipient; and unique to Brynwood Needleworks.

It took a little thinking on my part, but while I was reading a book Granddaughter #1 loaned me, inspiration struck. I'd make bookmarks for everyone. I chose cork fabric as the base, added some of my favorite printed twill tapes from Lillalotta, and then one of my Brynwood acorns from a custom tape Anna (Lillalotta) created just for me.

Thank You Gifts

Of course, I added one of my labels on the back, so each recipient would remember from where they got their bookmark. I'm pretty happy with my results, and I hope they will be appreciated by each of the participants, as much as I appreciated them taking the time to share their idea for a name for my newest sewing machine.

Winner's Thank You Gift
 
I made a new Grab & Go Crossbody Bag for Laura, who submitted the winning name...Jenny Janome! She's in England, so I made her bag using navy blue cork on the back and strap, and my favorite Union Jack fabric for the front. 
 
It's only about 1/2" smaller than my usual bag size, but there is still plenty of room inside for a cell phone and just about anything else she may want to carry. Think she'll like it? (I hope so!)
 
Thanks again to all who submitted a name. I hope you'll remember my gratitude every time you use your gifts.

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant Donna Dear! I love bookmarks and these look just perfect. In fact I hope you made extras as I have a sister who collects bookmarks from all over the world and one of these would be wonderful to add to her collection...and she reads numerous books every week so she will use it. Clever and thoughtful Union Jack bag for Laura. You really do think of everything! Joy and Balance...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect....in every way! Thank you s😊 much for sharing, always...
    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bookmarks,and the bag is just gorgeous.Very excited .xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet gifts! It's so caring and thoughtful of you to spend time to make so many gifts!
    I love the bag for Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sadly in need of a new bookmark, so this is perfect for me. I was planning on crocheting a couple for myself, but now I can put that off for a little while. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it!!! Thank you so much! Something made by hand is always so special, in my opinion, and I can always use a bookmark. THANK YOU!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna