August 15, 2017

Tuesdays With Tag - Hummin'birds...

Brynwood's Taggart - August 2017

 Hi, Everybody!

Welcome back to another week on the farm. Actually, Dad says it's not really a farm these days. We don't have any livestock (ya know...chickens and such); crops; or even a proper garden. Mom says, this property has always been a farm, and even if we never do anything different, it will always be a farm. I'm goin' with that.

Did You Hear That?

It's been fun watchin' the changes every week on our property. There are always different smells, flowers, animals and birds. Every time Boo and I go outside, all we wanna do is run around to make sure we don't miss a single thing.

Mom has been feedin' hummin'birds this year. She makes their food and fills two different feeders that they come to. They're teeny tiny and sound like bumblebees when they fly, and these ears always hear them when the drop in.

Honeysuckle At Hickory Hill Farm

Our honeysuckle vines are bloomin' again, and the birds and bees love stoppin' by for a little sip. (There aren't any in this picture, so you don't have to squint or enlarge it or anythin'. I just wanted to show you the flowers.) Wait! I think I hear 'em now!

Hummingbirds

There are three hummin'birds zoomin' around. I think they're havin' some kind of races. Man! They're fast! Mom managed to snap a picture with two of them comin' in for more nectar. We were pretty lucky to get both of 'em in one picture. They fly off again in the blink of an eye.

Brynwood's Taggart

I'd love to hang around and chat, but you know the drill. I'm a busy boy, and there's always somethin' interestin' for me to do. I'm gonna be here for a little bit. 

I can see the road, and if anyone heads this way, I'm gonna throw Mom and Dad a warning bark. But, I'm a versatile guy, too. Later, I might have to check out Mom's little garden, or chase Bella around, or just doze off for a while. 

I'm gonna ask Mom to take me on a little adventure to share with you next week, too. Let's see how good my powers of persuasion are!

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tag. I, too, believe Hickory Hill Farm is and will always be a farm. Sometimes a farm doesn't need to be active...it can be a retired farm. Your days sound wonderful my Sweet Little Corgi Cutie. I always duck when I hear and feel the rush of the Hummingbirds because I think it might be a big ol bumble bee. Keep on the alert...Mom and Dad just might be snoozin too! Smooches...xo <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna