October 2, 2014

It's That Time Again...

jaison cianelli image
 You're going to hear it all over Blogland, so I might as well chime in, too.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
 
If you haven't been screened yet (had your mammogram) this year, don't delay
any longer. In fact, many facilities offer special perks for getting one in October.
 
 I remember one year, I came home with "BCA" gifts. I was given a tote bag,
 coffee mug and a few other goodies. Just for getting a mammogram in October. 
(It was October, 2009. You can see all those goodies and read about it here.)
I got mine in June, but I never fail to get one every year. It's just smart.
preventative care. I know. It's a little uncomfortable, but hey, we're
awesome, we're women and we can do anything, right? Don't be a 'fraidy cat.
 
If you don't do it for yourself, do it for those you love (and who love you).
Just do it!
(Please)
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Please, and thanks for the reminder Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctor started me getting mammograms when I was 28. I had a maternal aunt who had died from breast cancer and my mother had just been newly diagnosed and would die four years later. My parents had divorced when I was 18 and my mother re-married two years later. My father remarried 8 years later. In 2003 my step-mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am happy to say that she is a survivor and has been clean ever since her cure. My mammo is always in January. Maybe I should delay it a month a year until it falls in October so I could get goodies? Nah, I don't think it would be worth it really. Love you my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna