October 10, 2014

Grandma's Quilt Map...

  I hope my grandchildren will think of me this way.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

sissie said...

Hi Donna,
This brought tears to my eyes. I have such fond memories of my Mother making quilts. I keep one quilt that she made me in the closet inside a plastic bag. Whenever I feel blue because she's gone, I just get it out and wrap myself up and it feels like hugs from heaven.
I see pieces of dresses that she wore, my dads old shirts and even some dresses she made me when I was a little girl.
Thanks for sharing this lovely poem.
And also thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. You are always so kind of adorable.

hugs
Sissie

Createology said...

I am thinking of my Grandmother and I sharing the love of hand making things. Back when "double knit" fabrics were popular we both sewed crazy quilts (non embellished) for our beds. We had sew much fun together. I do miss my Grandma, and even more now that I know the joy of being a Grandma. Sweet Memories...

Gloria M said...

Donna, I love it. I was the little girl sitting at my mom's feet stringing quilt pieces as she cut them. I loved doing that and I loved being with her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails