May 23, 2014

Posh Pocket Class And Visitors...

Apologies for a blurry photo. Laughing + iPhone = fuzzy pic.
 Two happy students created their own Posh Pockets (formerly
"Fancy Vinyl Pockets" tutorial) in the class I taught at Crazy Quilters 
yesterday. We had a fun time and shared a lot of laughs along the way. 
They left with completed vinyl pockets and instructions to make more.
 I made one along with them and this is what I turned out.
Of course, it's a silly, corgi theme, using printed twill tape, an
 image I printed out on fabric, fancy yarn and metallic thread.
 This is the back of mine. The little blocks were done by a guild
 member and included with a fabric offering on our "giveaway"
table at the last meeting. I liked the gold floral design, and smiled
 when I saw the two small blocks tucked between the fabric folds.
This was the perfect opportunity to use them.
I did change the name of this pocket for my class, so I went back to
 this post and adopted it as the new name for the project. It appears in 
my "BW Free Patterns/Tutorials" link in my menu bar.  Once you get the 
hang of working with vinyl, you'll want to make a whole lot more.
 A nice ending to our evening was a visit from Domino's owner.
He dropped off eight bottles of a lovely moscato wine to thank 
me for keeping Domino safe when he ran away from home.
I told him I was surprised that he remembered where we lived,
but he said he wrote the house number down as soon as he went
back inside after I returned his dog to him...and he'd kept my
voice mail so he knew how to call ahead to ask to come over.
Handsome and I got to meet his two daughters and girlfriend.
Such lovely people. Thanks for the wine, Andre! We'll say a toast
 to you and Domino when we put up our feet over the weekend.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Laughter, sewing with friends and completed Posh Pockets would make for a wonderful day. How very sweet of Domino's Dad to thank you with wine. Nice to meet your neighbors too. May you have a glorious weekend and enjoy your wine sipping. Blessings to our troops...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time at the class. I wish you were closer so I could take your embroidery class.

    That was a very nice ThankYou present from Domino's family. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna