July 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sister Goldenhair...

We had already moved to the United States with our Mum still expecting her. She was born in Wisconsin in July, 1956 - nineteen months after my birth.
We've shared bedrooms, bathrooms, closets, clothes, crushes, Barbie dolls, bicycles, cars, hopes and dreams for all these years. Together we welcomed each of our new siblings until we numbered six.

We've taken care of each other, and we've fought as only sisters can. We've played together, and when we were old enough, we partied together. She's been my friend longer than anyone else I've known.

She traveled the world, while I was content to stay home. She's been married (more than once) and divorced (more than once), but along the journey, she's blessed me with two beautiful nieces. I was honored to be asked to be godmother to her eldest, and last fall, that same goddaughter asked me to make her wedding gown. I love both young women as though they were my own.

Now we're grown and living our own lives in two different parts of the country. She lives with her family in Minnesota, and I'm in Florida with Handsome, but some things never change between us. It will always be this way between sisters.

Happy Birthday, Sister Goldenhair. I hope you have a perfect birthday, filled with all the family and happiness you deserve.
JoySignatureBROWNSM
Remember, you can always click on my images to enlarge them! (hee hee)

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sister ... what a lovely gift you wrote for her today. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday wishes to your sister! Thank you for dropping in for a visit and for your sweet comments on my studio space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi: Thank you for stopping by my blog. Best wishes for a great birthday to your sisters. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Thank you for stopping by my 'Studio' post Friday. I'm still trying to get around to everyone. I LOVE the vintage photos in this post here. I post vintage photos of my family every Wednesday in my 'Wednesdays with my mom' posts. Apparently, eveyone loves viewing them. I'm so grateful my parents took so many pics way back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ladies for all your kinds thoughts. I always appreciate it when you stop in and leave comments for me. You're all true inspirations!
    Hugs of Gratitude,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post. You are blessed my friend. So very blessed.

    Thank you for sharing your sweet thoughts of love for someone so dear to you...

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I waited to see if anyone else posted it... am I the ONLY one who had these lyrics going through their head as soon as they saw the title of this post??????

    "Well, I keep on thinkin' 'bout you, Sister Golden Hair surprise
    And I just can't live without you; can't you see it in my eyes?
    I've been one poor correspondent, and I've been too, too hard to find
    But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your sister.. . Loved the description of your relationship.. You are obviously blessed to have each other.. still looking at my ATC..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna