June 25, 2009

Something New In The Studio...

You've been dying to see it, right? Wait no longer. Here's my new studio work table. It's from Ikea and it's called the Varde. It's a perfect height at nearly 36", and has a solid birch tabletop. Oh, and did I mention my favorite feature? Twelve - count 'em twelve - glass front drawers on no-slam runners. I also appreciate the overhang that makes it possible for me to mount my work lamp, magnifier (sigh) and my yarn swift. It's truly an all-purpose work table!

If you don't already know...Ikea is a huge store filled with really nice, quality furniture at great prices. One catch, though. Their prices are low because you put their pieces together yourself. We can put their Poang chair and ottoman together in twenty two minutes flat, but this piece took considerably longer.

In fact about five hours longer. I did most of the assembly myself, but there was no way I had the confidence to drill through the drawer fronts to attach the pulls, or the strength to drill and screw the birch butcher block to the base. I asked Handsome for his skill and expertise (and heavy duty drill) when I got to those parts!

So, it's finished now and I spent the day sorting through stash and filling drawers. I love it and can't wait to start my next project!
JoySignatureBROWNSM

3 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness!!! I'm so in love with this!!! It's worth putting it together ~ what a great addition to your studio. Now off to dream about it! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice digs! You gotta love a well built studio table! xoxo
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dawn and Jess!
    It sure is a nice table. I just have to tidy up the rest of my studio now. (I made quite the mess sorting and rearranging.) I'm looking forward to "normal" in there again soon.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna