June 1, 2009

Day Two - The Paint Goes On...

More paint, another color, another day spent applying it to the walls. My knees hurt, my arms are sore and I love this new look!

Today I tackled the master bathroom. No more blah, beige-y flat paint. Welcome new soft green in an eggshell finish. I love eggshell finishes. Easier to clean than flat paint, a hint of sheen to bounce the light around a little...the perfect finish.

Handsome came home when I was about half-way through the job and offered his help. Of course, I wouldn't dream of turning down help! Together we finished the job, cleaned up our tools and then headed to the pool to cool off after our hard work.

Now, our bath looks like a cool, relaxing spa. I love our home. I just thought you might like to see.

On the Hog Front: Two days of trap in the yard. Two nights of no hog in the trap. Perhaps tonight. I'll be sure to let you know if - I mean, when - we finally catch the beast.

Til then, I may just move my easy chair into the bath and admire our handy work.
JoySignatureBROWNSM

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
    THe yellow really brightens it up!
    Hey, so I looked for pics of the yard damage done by the hog, can't find any yet, still searching....
    love you!
    Niff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niff:
    Go to the right sidebar...Below my Acorn Pincushion photo you'll find my other Flickr albums. One is titled The Great Hog Invasion of 2009. That's what you're looking for. Click on the title of that album and it will take you to the photographs. Same for all the other titles. Just click on them and they'll take you to the photos that go with the title.
    Glad you stopped in to visit!
    Hugs,
    Your Godmama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin good! ;)

    Sage green is a favorite of mine - from what I can tell that's the color. Tried to enlarge and it didn't get much bigger. But very nice none the less.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy:
    It is a sage green, called "Hazel Woods" from the Behr paint line.
    I woke up to it this morning and really like it!
    Thanks for your comment.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour of your bathroom, of course it is green! Bed room is looking good too and the fabrics, if only i could sew!

    DG&B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://knitwithtammy.blogspot.com/

    Like I told you earlier tonight, I am in the process of copying my old blog posts over from YAHOO 360*. (a dozen or two a day)

    Hugs,
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll look forward to reading your blog. Hugs. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda:
    Wish I had a magic wand. The process never goes fast enough for me...but of course, I'd rather do it myself than have someone else do it for me!
    Hope you're well.
    Hugs,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful home!!!

    Great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna