June 22, 2009

The Cards Have Begun To Arrive...

Imagine my excitement when my first trading card arrived in the mail last week! I opened the envelope to find a lovely letter from the sender, Linda K.. Then, in addition to the artist trading card, she had also included two lovely gift tags and a bookmark with a verse from Psalms on it. Linda is a blogger too, and she has two sites: America The Beautiful which is beautiful and patriotic; and White Linen - Lavender Fields. Visiting WL-LF is like sitting on a porch swing on a lazy afternoon, sipping lemonade and waving hi to your neighbors. I love both sites and visit them often.

I've started an album (which you can link to through the photo button located in the left sidebar) to highlight each and every ATC I receive. You'll be able to read about the person who sent it, see what their card looks like, and what materials were used in its construction.

The second card I received last week was from my friend, Krisann. I wrote about her last week so you're already familiar with her. She needlepointed a Tumbling Blocks design for her ATC. Teeny, tiny stitches - just because she could! You can only guess how envious this ol' needleworker was to see her fine work. (What's that term you use, Krisann?)

Now, if you don't consider yourself an artist, don't be shy. Each card is special in its own way and this is not a competition. I'll mail your card from me as soon as yours arrives, so you can just imagine how busy I've been to get my cards finished, too! I can't wait to see the next one to arrive in my mailbox.

There's still time to join this swap, because the deadline was extended to July 1st. Just join my "followers" list and send me an email so I know you want to participate!
JoySignatureBROWNSM

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna