June 10, 2009

I'm In The Mood For An ATC Swap...

How would you like to trade with me? I'm in the mood for an ATC swap. They're called Artist Trading Cards. They come in all different media, but they're all the size of a playing card and you can decorate them any way you'd like. Please remember to limit your size to that of a standard playing card.

A while ago, my creative daughter-in-law, Jess, was involved in an ATC trade and included me. I worked on my card, using my printer, sewing machine, batting, batik fabric, beads and a charm. Jess used her paint brush, artist paper and oil paints (she's much more creative with fewer "ingredients"!).

I made more than a few, and the one I decided to send to her had a photograph of her husband when he was a little guy, being held by Handsome, his father. The one in the photo here was another one I created and kept for myself. I sent off the one of my two guys (which she loved, by the way) and was thrilled beyond words to receive a miniature handpainted chair image (on the upper card shown in the photo) from her.

I had so much fun with that project, that I'd like to do it again on a grander scale. I'm offering to trade with my readers! Every card I create will be a one-of-a-kind, and you can choose any medium you'd like to make the one you send me. The sky's the limit!

Here are the rules (sorry, but we need to have some guidelines):
1. You need to be a "Follower" of my blog, which means you have to sign up and sign in, please.
2. Let me know under "Comments" that you wish to participate, and then send me an email (through the email postcard link - see, it's over there on the left) to tell me we'll be trading cards, along with your name and address so I'll know where I'll be mailing your trading card so it gets to you.
3. If you have a special subject that you love or collect, share that with me so that I can incorporate it into your personal card. If you don't list a favorite subject, that's ok. I'll still come up with something special for you.
4. Once I receive a message from you, I'll give you an address to send your completed card to me.
5. Upon receipt of your card, I will send yours to you via First Class Mail, so that you won't have to wait too long to receive it. (If you live outside the U.S., I'll send it the best way to get to you asap.)
6. I'll start an album of all ATCs I receive and credit you as the artist. If you don't want your real name and city/state posted with your card, please let me know how you'd like to be identified with your card so you get all the credit for your creation.
7. Deadline to contact me with your intent to participate is June 15th. SIGN-UP DATE CHANGED TO JULY 1ST!!! There's still time for you to sign up to participate.
8. Deadline to mail your card to me is July 15th. (You don't need to wait until July 15th to mail. I will send off your personal ATC card as soon as I receive yours!)

I'm really looking forward to our swap. I hope you are, too! (I know, aren't you sitting there thinking about what your card is going to look like already?)
JoySignatureBROWNSM
This is from a partial response in my "Comments" page, to give you some inspiration:
...release your muse. It could be fun. Here are a few ideas:
• knit and hand felt the base for the ATC. Embellish and voila!
• quilt a little piece of fabric and hand or machine sew on surface. Add a few beads. Yup, voila! a finished card.
• take a photograph of something you love. Hand color it. There you go...a finished ATC
OK...one more
• watercolor paper. Give it a deckle edge. Stamp beautiful images and decorate as desired.
You can use buttons, keys, stickers, old jewelry...the sky's the limit.
Come on! You can do it!

15 comments:

  1. My brain hurts ! Artist pressure does that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pressure intended. Just release your muse. It could be fun. Here are a few ideas:
    • knit and hand felt the base for the ATC. Embellish and voila!
    • quilt a little piece of fabric and hand or machine sew on surface. Add a few beads. Yup, voila! a finished card.
    • take a photograph of something you love. Hand color it. There you go...a finished ATC
    OK...one more
    • watercolor paper. Give it a deckle edge. Stamp beautiful images and decorate as desired.
    You can use buttons, keys, stickers, old jewelry...the sky's the limit.
    Come on! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna play!
    Smooches...Krisann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaaaa! I'm tickled. I'll start working on yours this weekend. Don't forget to email with your favorite subject so I can make it extra special.
    Hugs and smooches.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. God doesn't need any help from us, just give it up and He will take over....
    ust another little saying for you site...also another.
    If God seems far away, guess who moved...
    love this site..Mum...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in! I'll email my information to you.
    My name is Niff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Niece (Niff)
    I'm looking forward to making your ATC card. Glad you're participating!
    Love,
    Your Godmama Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun ! May I? I have some ideas on the back burner.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda:
    Of course, you may! :-) I received your email with your personal information and am already working on ideas for your card.

    Have fun with family in Wisconsin. Your card will be waiting for you when you get back.

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you can! I'm going to change the deadline to sign up to July 1st. That way we can add more participants to our swap. Email me with your information (address and special likes...color, collections, etc.) and I'll be working on your card, too! Thanks for asking and for participating!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna.. i am not sure I signed up correctly
    susan aka minnie of pelicanknits

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in! I'll try to do something soon! What size?

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan:
    I've got you officially counted now! You're in!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessica:
    I'll count you in, too! Same as standard playing card (2.5" x 3.5"). Glad you're in! I love your art! (Big surprise, right?)
    Love,
    Donna

    PS. Don't forget to sign up in the "Followers" list per our guidelines for the swap. ;-) D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna