June 27, 2009

Because The Shirt Matters...

So, I'm told by my "more mature" Linus friends that we eventually all go through a second childhood. Apparently, I've got a headstart on some of my girlfriends in my age group! (Now, that's a legacy, isn't it?)

This story starts about two months ago when my friends and I went to Naples on a knitting shop hop (click here to read about it). I had grabbed a go cup, filled it with some of Handsome's great brew (coffee) before leaving home, and then drove over to our meeting place to pick up The Girls. I didn't take a sip until we were all loaded and on our way. I had no idea the seal was broken on the cup.

Well, don't you just know...all dressed up for our day out and my go cup decides to leak all down the front of my Chico's top. Netta saw it happening in slow motion and was speechless. I couldn't believe it. My friend, Tammy grabbed her Tide stick and handed it forward to me. I used it right away to no avail.

When I got home, I spent the next three days trying to get the stain out. I tried everything from the usual cleaning potions to nearly beating it on a rock in a sacred stream. Nothing worked and the design on the front of the shirt made it impossible (at least for me) to modify. I threw it out.

In the following weeks, we all joked about the drippy cup - and my subsequent lip leakage events - until I threatened to make a bib. I said I'd embroider "Because The Shirt Matters" on the front of it - and I'm serious! You can plan to see them in my Etsy store in the future.

A couple of weeks ago, our friend, Helen (who had heard this story and the continuing "Donna With The Newest Dirty Shirt" stories) decided that it was time to take action. She made a bib for me in Linus fabric (because we knit together at Project Linus).

You should have been there to see my reaction when I opened her tissue-wrapped gift! We all had quite the laugh. Of course, I chose the most wrong shirt to wear the night I modeled the bib for my Books a Million friends. I really do match up my attire better than this, but I just had to share the photo that was taken by Tammy that evening. Now, everyone wants one! So, I guess I already know what I'll be making for The Girls Christmas and Hanukkah gifts this year...
JoySignatureBROWNSM
Thanks again, Helen for my bib. I love it!
Thanks, Tammy for the photo. Please visit her blog
Are We There Yet -0r - Spinning My Wheels in Paradise. She posted this photo there first and gave me permission to use it here.

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna