June 4, 2009

Creating For A Cause...

I just wanted to post a photo of our knitting/crochet group taken on Tuesday evening. Tammy organized the knit night and named the group the "Forward Tinkers". We meet each Tuesday at Books a Million to create and chat, but we also create for causes, too.

This is a photo of our group with our most recent project...washcloth packs for women in shelters. We knit or crocheted the cloths and then packaged them with soap, hand cream and shampoo. When a women is displaced to a shelter, either through domestic violence or foreclosure, at least she'll have a little comfort to call her own. I used natural, organic cotton with brown ribbon for mine.

Our next project is to make scarves, mittens and hats for the kids in Appalachia. We're planning to have all our pieces completed by September for shipping north in time for the cold weather. We'll even have a few sewn pieces made from fleece to add to the package. If you're interested in contributing to our cause, you can contact me through my email button on my blog. There's just something very fulfilling about creating for a cause.
JoySignatureBROWNSM
Photo: l-r: Tammy (pazzagato), me (craftydeece), Ellen (front), Netta (nstherd), Cindy (Travel4Fun) and Adele (front). Missing from our usual gang are Monica (monnielou), Helen and Lenore (seveniron). From time to time, Tammy's daughter, Amber and Cindy's daughter, Lizzie join us and knit, too. *the names in parenthesis are our Ravelry names.

1 comment:

  1. Why not post your group activities at Ravelry's Sage Wisdom? I'd like to know more, certainly, and maybe other members would, too.

    I love your blog, and I've now signed up to follow you.

    Boud in Ravelry, Liz in RL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna