January 31, 2022

Craft Day -

Five Crafters - Five Finished Projects!

Oh, my gosh! I had so much fun Saturday. I drove an hour and a half to Portage to meet up with my dear friend, Linda and her family. We first met in 1976, when I became friends with her, her husband, sons and daughter, Marie. I stood in Marie's wedding, and later became friends with her daughter, Adrienne. When I arrived at their home on Saturday, Adrienne's daughter - Linda's great-granddaughter, Annabelle - came running to give me a big hug. Now I'm getting to know extended family better, too. This weekend, I got to spend more time with Marie's daughter-in-law, Misty.

Our project was to decorate four precut, sanded, and pre-stained blocks with specialty papers, vinyl letters and other embellishments. We chose our fabric themes, and then decoupaged them to our set of blocks. A blow dryer was brought into service to make sure the adhesive and coating were completely dry before proceeding with the rest of our project.

Once our letters were adhered to the blocks, we sifted through Marie, Adrienne and Misty's copious collections of embellishments to finish our decorating. We were all done around noon and then took photographs of each of us proudly standing with our own sets of blocks. Can you guess which set is mine? (Keep scrolling to find out.)

Dear Friend, Linda (wearing her gorgeous, handknit sweater!)

 

Linda's daughter, Marie with her beautiful blocks


Marie's Daughter, Adrienne with her vibrant blocks


Marie's daughter-in-law, Misty with her Valentine blocks (and son!)


Me, with my farmhouse-themed blocks

I chose papers that have a beautiful, little bird with nest and eggs on the "L" block; a paper flower on the "O" block; morning glory paper on the "V" block ; and a laser-cut wooden bird on the "E" block. I chose muted papers that reminded me of the farmhouse. Marie had quite the paper assortments, as evidenced by the variety of finished blocks.

I love seeing the personalities of each of my friends shine through in the elements chosen for their block sets. Even more, I loved seeing my friends again, and we've agreed to do a new project together once a month. As soon as the weather warms up, the ladies will come to the farmhouse to play, too. We've missed each other, and this is the perfect excuse to make sure it's not so long between visits. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun day.
    All of the block are beautiful, what a fun project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We really did have fun. I'm already looking forward to the next one!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. So nice to gather with friends to create. Each set of blocks are so unique. The hand knit sweater is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      I think each of our personalities showed through in our blocks. It was so much fun to do. Linda is an extraordinary knitter. I loved this sweater! She'd be tickled to know someone liked it. I'll be sure she sees your comment. Thank you!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lovely Ladies and Smiling Friends. I adore the decorated blocks that spell LOVE. Yours fit the Farmhouse perfectly. Since moving here I miss my “Crafternoon” friends. Creative Bliss…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I know what you mean about missing your creative friends. I'm really laboring over whether or not to renew my guild membership with the Florida guild. I don't know when I'd get back there, and I'm not participating as I would if I were there. What to do? What to do? I'm so glad I'm reconnecting with dear friends here. I've missed them, too. I hope you find a new group near you now, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Hi Donna! What a fun time you all had! All the blocks are so beautiful and so different from each others. What an exceptionally wonderful way to spend a day with friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri!
      We really did have fun. I so enjoyed seeing how each of my friends personalized their sets of blocks. It surely was a wonderful morning, and I'm already looking forward to the next one!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna