November 2, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - Under The Bed...

I'd Rather Be Alone

 Hi, Everybody!

We survived Halloween without bein' humiliated with stoopid costumes (even though Mom got some!) this year. She tried dressin' up The Ladies, and Carly would have none of it. How could we get a picture of the three of us, with only two willin' participants? Wasn't happenin'.

Yesterday was downright cold! Winter isn't far around the corner, and I have to tell ya...while I like cooler, draggin' my privates through the snow isn't somethin' I'm ever lookin' forward to! I'm sure you understand.

Over the weekend, Mom and Dad moved the cat back into the barn. She's had a bed on the porch most of the summer, and boy, is she spoiled. Mom said she was worried about tuss gettin' cold, so they moved the chaise and the cat bed back into the barn. I thought it was gonna be harder to get her back into the barn, but stoopid cat got Mom's drift, and she's been sleepin' in the barn ever since. Mom feedin' her out there didn't hurt either.

Mom took me on her errands yesterday, and we had a nice trip. First, Bella and Carly stayed home! Just the two of us went all the way up to Primitive Gatherin's, and I waited like a good boy while Mom conducted a little business inside. Then we stopped at Walmart on the way home, so Mom could get a litter box and litter for Claw-dette. Mom decided to see if Her Kittyness might use that instead of just poopin' all over the barn all winter. Mom did a lot of rakin' last year, and she didn't really want to repeat that this year. After that, Mom grabbed a bit of lunch, which she shared with me, and then we came home.

Once we got back, Dad and the girls settled into the livin' room, while I took myself upstairs and crawled under the bed. I needed a little alone time. Don't hold it against me. I'm sure you've been in the same place at one time or another. I just wasn't in the mood for Carly up in my face, or havin' to sit on the floor 'cuz I can't jump up on the new sofa like the girls can. (Let's just say I'm a bit vertically challenged.) I just wanted to be alone...until I heard dinner bein' offered.

Once I heard Dad grabbin' our dishes, I shimmied out from under the bed, and scurried downstairs toot sweet. I'd had my personal time, and got back to socializin' after dinner. That's all I needed. I'm good now, thanks.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!" 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun day Tag.
    Sometimes we all need a little alone time.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      I'm so glad you understand. I feel so much better now that I've had a little time out.Who knows what I can get into between now and next week.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Some days I'd like to crawl under that bed with you Tag. Here at Chez Magpie the under the bed space is chuck full of reading materials (and, no doubt, dust elephants of giant proportions) so alas no room for me.
    Glad to hear that Claudette has moved back to the barn where she'll be warmer over the winter. You'll have to help Mom keep an eye on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Well, heck! Next time I'll save a spot for you under the bed. We could visit (or you can read). We don't talk about those dust critters. Ours have dog hair on them, too!
      Wait til you read Mom's post for tomorrow. Mom's beside herself right now (and Dad's more than a little miffed). I love how there's never a dull moment here.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna