November 22, 2021

It's A Wrap...

Ready To Roll

 

Sunday morning began early, with me getting up at an uncharacteristic 6 am. The truck was loaded Saturday evening, with the exception of the hickory syrup, so there wasn't much to do but get showered, dressed and put on my makeup. We picked up Shelly (who was a tremendous help in my booth) at 7 am.

By the time we got this photo of me in my booth, the doors were already open (actually a bit before the published time), so one quick, cheesy smile and we were off to the the races. The show ran from 9 am - 3 pm.

My Checkout And Inanimate Assistant

I always set my checkout stand near the entrance to my booth. My signage is out front, and I set up my packaging supplies on the end of the table closest to me.

We put my dress stand next to it in the little corner, and she was adorned with all my embroidered pendants. A little eye candy for catch the attention of passersby.

Here's My Booth

Here's my humble booth. on the left side (on the table behind my sign and Square terminal) I had all my wallets and Grab & Go Wristlets. Across the back were cork key chains and fobs, the Nocturne bags, a few smalls, and the hickory syrup. On the left side table were the Kirby bags, Bella totes, and Shop Hop crossbody bags. On the acrylic stand at the end of the table were pincushions and my embroidered projects.

I did well today, although we didn't have the traffic as in previous years. My show sales were lower, but I sold three Nocturnes through my Facebook group, so combined sales were close to my sales from the previous year (which was 2019).

Shelly's assistance was invaluable, and I really couldn't have done it without her. I'm very grateful that she was willing and able to help me.

Handsome drove us (and the booth contents) to and from the show venue, so I didn't have to worry about sitting behind the wheel, too. I've already signed up for next year, and as a nice side note, I was approached about vending at another show a little further south in September of next year. I said I was interested, so I'll be hearing from the organizers of that group with more information.

Today, I'm going to rest a bit before my younger sister arrives with her future daughter-in-law. Sis is making quilts for her granddaughters this winter from some Cicely Mary Barker fairy panels and coordinating yardage. I was raving about how much I loved them when she and I were texting back and forth, and she finally called me to say, "Um. They came from you. You gave them to me." Had my own little senior moment there. We laughed. But I digress.

They'll be here this afternoon, and I'll help her with all the calculations and cutting. I'm sure I'll send more fabric home with her, too, but before she leaves, she and DIL are going to help me move a few furniture pieces out of the master bedroom, and then help move the acorn bed set I painted this fall in. (A method to my madness).

Tag will be back tomorrow with a perspective only he could have from his 12" point of view. I'll be back on Wednesday.

Thanks to everyone who was my cheerleader as I raced to the finish line. You kept me motivated and energized. I couldn't have done it without all of you who left comments for me. I'm so grateful for each and every one of you.

18 comments:

  1. Now I can sleep. Prayers are answered. You are home safe and show was a success. Great photos and so appreciated from an old craft show gal. Beautiful booth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene:
      Thank you so much, dear one. The truck's unloaded, I helped my sister today and she helped me right back. I'm sleeping in the 'acorn bed' tonight...and I received a beautiful, thoughtful package today. I'm such a lucky girl! Happy Thanksgiving Week, my friend. I'm thankful for you. We'll chat soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your booth is beautiful.
    Glad it was a success.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marilyn. I'm enjoying a little post-show rest. I'm going to Sit & Stitch tomorrow. I'm going to savor this Thanksgiving week and be grateful for friends like you. Have a lovely holiday, hon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. So nice to see you and your booth! I would have loved to visit your booth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear Marit:
      I would have loved to have you visit! Thank you for your kind comments!
      Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Bravo! Lovely booth! Lovely smile! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lois:
      Happy Dancing when it was all over. I slept like a log last night, and it's on my agenda for tonight, too. lol Thanks so much for your kind compliments.
      Happy Thanksgiving Week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad that everything went well and that your sales were about the same from the last time. I'm sure the crowds were less this year so that's good (the sales, not the crowds!). I'm sure you're relieved it's over and now you can relax for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I was a little concerned about how sales were going to be, too. We were told that there were 500 shoppers by 11 am, which was about as expected. In past shows, I was on the row "on the way out" of the venue. This time I was "on the way in". Got a lot of "I'm going to check out what else is here and then I'll come back". That was a bit concerning, but as the day went on sales improved. I'll go back next year, but I've changed my location to be in an "on the way out" row. I also have a few new display ideas that I'll be incorporating in future shows. I am relieved it's over. Thanks again for being one of my cheerleaders. Happy Thanksgiving Week!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. You have more than earned the right to some rest. I cannot begin to imagine how much energy it takes to set up and fill up a booth like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary:
      Thanks so much. I realized that once I knew it was all over and I was back home, I just wanted to sleep for a while. I think I was running on pure adrenaline for the past week as I worked to the finish line. I really need to try harder next year to get things done ahead of time...especially if I decide to do a September show! I'm getting too old for the stress part. Happy Thanksgiving Week, hon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Beautiful booth and congratulations on sales and another show prospect! Relax and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Andrea! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the show prospect. I'm going to have to develop a production schedule, between now and then, that won't have me exhausted by the time it's all over. Another Sit & Stitch today will be a little more rest before I get back to work.
      Happy Thanksgiving Week!!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  8. Donna I am so glad you had help from Handsome driving and from Shelley helping in your booth. You do such a great presentation and your creations are stunning. You must be exhausted dear. Rest and enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry:
      I really couldn't have done this past show without Handsome and Shelly to help me. Thank you for your compliments. They mean the world to me. I am tired, but it's a good, satisfied tired. I'm going to take it easy the rest of the week and be grateful for all the blessings I enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving Week, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Sunny!
      It's lovely to hear from you. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna