November 17, 2021

It Was Just One Of Those Days...

Kenny To The Rescue

I hit a wall. It was bound to happen. My Babylock "Jane" decided to be a diva. Things were going along nicely, when she just "bound up". I did the cursory "rethread", check the bobbin, all that, but the problem is in the basic mechanics of the machine, not the removable parts. So, with 3/4 of each bag finished, she decided to go on walkabout. 

Destiny is not the machine to use for these projects, so I went to my vintage machines. I have the beautiful Kenmore Model 54 that my dear Florida friend, Ellen gave me. That machine worked great, until I needed to refill the bobbin. The fly wheel that I need to loosen to allow the machine to do that function was frozen solid. I couldn't loosen it, no matter how hard I tried. "54" obviously needs a spa day. With no other viable way to reload a bobbin, I had to set her aside.

I pulled out Kenny, and without complaining that I'd ignored him for too long, he rose to the occasion and did everything I asked. I got as far as sewing on the swivel clamp tabs, and decided I was done for the day. Too much drama for this old girl. I was gassed.

So Close...
 

So, this is what I have to show you today. I'll finish the side tabs, add the handles and make the shoulder straps today. Then, these will be done.  Obviously, I'm going to have to revisit my "To Do" list. Thanks, Jane. I've learned my lesson. From now on, Jane will go to the spa before a marathon production session. Next time.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Kenny came to the rescue.
    Seems things like that happen when you really need to get something done.
    Hope your day goes better!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      You're so right. I may do a search for a used Jane to have as a backup. Just in case.
      Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Who ever said you could have too many sewing machines!?! :-D What a blessing to have your "little" family of sewing machines to help you through! After this massive undertaking, it sounds like everyone will need a spa day... including you! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Of course, you're right, but I don't really have the space for as many machines as I own. No matter who has to go to a new home, Kenny is here to stay. I love that little machine. I like your suggestion of a spa day for me. I love that idea. Massage...facial...yes. I like that idea a lot.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Murphy’s Law!!! Thank goodness for Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      My thought exactly! Only when I'm up against a deadline!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness - now the question is, how much of the rest of your list was reliant on Jane not throwing a hissy fit. Thank goodness Kenny came to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Too much of my list was reliant on Jane. I'd have been dead in the water were it not for Kenny. He's so cute, too! Thanks for your note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. So glad you had a back up guy! Sometimes I think the bells and whistles distract us from what is necessary. Take a deep breath and enjoy a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Yep. Backup guys allowed here (as long as they're sewing machines! lol) It's interesting how we get accustomed to those bells and whistles, too. I'm back on track now. I can breathe a little easier.
      Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. They sure don’t make machines to last like the good old days. Thanks for Kenny who stepped up and kept the job going. I am thinking YOU will need and deserve a spa day after your annual sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      That's the truth. Even Kenny weighs about as much as a Volkswagen! The other two machines I went to first weighed even more! (I'm getting too old for this!) lol
      I agree. I'm going to schedule a little pampering after all this. Maybe after Thanksgiving...and closer to my Birthday! wink
      Thanks for the note!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna