November 30, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - Baby, It's Cold Outside...

Me, In All My Frowsy Glory

 Hi, Everybody!

Did you eat too much turkey and fixin's? We had a real nice Thanksgivin' and even got a little nosh of the cooked bird. Mom and Dad always share just a taste on the holidays. 

So, the big news this week is that we got snow yesterday, and it stuck this time. Every time we looked out the window, there were white flakes flyin' across the landscape. You might understand how that makes me a little apprehensive. I mean, dependin' on how deep it is, it can get "extra chilly" for me.

The Kid's Invadin' My Space

Even though it's cold and snowy outside, we have nice, warm "perches" in the farmhouse. Don't worry about Claudette and Crystal. I've seen their digs, and Mom has set up some comfortable accommodations for them, too. In fact, she's even ordered a dish to keep their food warm until they eat it all. (She got tired of havin' to throw out frozen food that they didn't eat.) They already have a dish that keeps their water from freezin', thanks to Miss Shelly.

Mom covered the new sectional with nice blankets so we can sit on it. She said she doesn't want a scum line from us guys on the sectional fabric, and she can always toss the blankets in the laundry when they look like they need it. (Her comment offended the three of us, but not enough to keep us from sittin' up here.)

I can't jump on this sofa alone like I could on the leather one, so Mom usually helps me up. As soon as I get comfy, The Kid jumps up and curls up on her spot. Boo likes to sit next to Mom on the other end. It's not bad unless Carly starts dreamin'. She yips and spasms until she disrupts the peace and quiet. Nice, huh?

See What I Mean?
So, I enjoy it while I can, and try not to complain. I can always move down toward the corner on the sectional if I want my own space. It works for me.

I've got that groomin' appointment on Thursday afternoon. I'm not lookin' forward to it. I know she's gonna make me look like a dandy. She'll cut off my toes, take off my impressive mane, and put a stoopid bandana that says somethin' like "Ain't I Cute" on it. I won't be able to show my face in public until I can find somethin' nasty to roll in! I hope you're sufficiently sympathetic when you see what I look like next week. 

I think that, between now and then, I'm gonna roll around on the carpets and fur up the place in protest. Maybe someone will get the message. Ya think? Yeah. Me, neither.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!" 

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got some fixin's on Thanksgiving.
    Carly loves you, that's why she sits by you.
    I'm sure you will look great after your appointment Tag.
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      What's not to love about me? Who can blame her? hee hee I know I'm gonna look awesome, but I'm still not gonna like the process.
      Smooches!
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. I know you don’t live the snow, Tag, but enjoy it just a little for those of us who never get any! Glad you and the girls got some Turkey. Bolt and Bailey got a small bite too. Our long awaited furniture finally came, so my boys are thrilled too. I ordered some furniture covers in hopes that I could keep it cleaner longer too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Andrea:
      I've got a nice full-time coat to wear so I don't dislike snow too much. It's the underparts that end up draggin' through it that I'm not thrilled about. I'm so glad Bolt and Baily got snacks, too. That would be my wish for every dog, cat and critter every holiday. We're definitely the lucky ones. Mom's gonna be happy when I tell her your furniture finally came. I bet you were tickled! Mom just used twin size cotton blankets from when we had our camper. They stick really well to the furniture, and they'll come off and wash pretty easily, too.
      Smooches!
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. I do hope you and the girls realize that Dad and Mom spent an awful lot of money getting a special recliner for all of you to fit upon. Just think, they could have saved a bundle had they just purchased a love seat for the two of them. They must love you a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      I know they say they got the furniture for them, but we're real lucky that they let us get up on it, too. Seein' Mom and Dad sittin' on a loveseat would be a hoot!
      Smooches!
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Tag I love you just the way you are. Snow is beautiful but way too cold for me. Rest up before your grooming. See you in December. P.S. Don’t forget Mom’s birthday and do somethin special for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      Your notes always make me smile. Wish I could give you a smooch in person! If you lived in the cold weather, you'd just have to get a warm fake fur coat to wear. Then you'd be warm. I'm tryin' not to think about Thursday. I hyperventilate whenever it comes to mind. ugh!
      I'm gonna try to get in the mindset to be a real good boy on Friday. That's my present to her this year. I hope I don't screw up!
      Smooches!
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna