November 1, 2021

Framed...

Framed Wedding Flowers Embroidery Detail
 

It occurred to me that I hadn't shared my finished floral embroidery with you. I wanted to show you how I decided to display my piece.

I chose a soft white frame, and mounted the embroidery over a few layers of thin cotton batting to pad behind the work. Then, I went into my trays of vintage jewelry where I found two alphabet pins that happen to be my mother-in-law's initials. She passed away the year Handsome and I were married, so this is my small tribute to her from a memory of our wedding day.

Framed Wedding Flower Embroidery

The frame has an easel back, so I can display it on a flat surface where it will be seen and enjoyed. I'm so happy with the way it turned out.

I had a busy weekend, too. I made, bottled, and sold most of another batch of hickory syrup. I think there are only a few bottles left from my weekend efforts. I've added a sales button for the hickory syrup to my sidebar. All you need to do to purchase a bottle for yourself is click on the button and it will take you to a secure checkout. 

Now that it's November 1st, I'll be busy with production for the Craft and Vendor show on the 21st. On the weekend, I'll make more syrup and do homekeeping things. I'll share what I'm working on as the month goes along. 

Tag will be back tomorrow. He wants to tell you about our weekend. I'll see you again, as usual, on Wednesday.


8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful.
    Those flowers are oh, so pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn:
      I'm definitely going to do more red and white, but it will have to wait until after my show on the 21st. They're so relaxing to make. I appreciate the feedback.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Great finish! I love that you decided to keep it for yourself and turn it into a tribute to the mother of your Handsome. After all, without her, you wouldn't have him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much. I'll make more, but I really wanted to keep this one. Handsome's mom was a beautiful, elegant lady. I'm sorry I only knew her a short time before she passed. I would have loved to spend more time with her.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. So very pretty, and a wonderful tribute too. I was in Hobby Lobby last week and saw A-Z of Embroidery stitches, so I splurged. My Classic Sewing magazines and Gail Doane Sew Cute Couture book have many of the stitches, so between them all maybe I can start playing with stitches more! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      That's wonderful! Don't forget that you can usually get help with stitches on YouTube and Instagram, too! (I learned to make these roses by watching a needleworker on Instagram.) Good luck and enjoy! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. It is beautiful! And how nice to make it as a tribute to your mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Marit. I really appreciate your kind words.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna