July 25, 2018

Work And Play...

Silk Butterfly

Although I haven't finished my practice butterfly, I've decided to start working on my actual piece. I purchased Au Ver A Soie and Soie Crystale silks to stitch it. I'll be working on this when I'm not completing my current commissions.

Tutor, Owen Davies supplied us with a 50-page instruction book to go along with our awesome instruction. That combined with our actual classwork gave us the confidence to stitch the actual piece on our own. I've decided to jump right in...and will let you know how it goes.

Curtain Fabric

Under my machine needle today is four sets of curtains for a northern retreat for a special client. I'll get these sewn today for weekend delivery.

Handsome has a concert this evening, too! It will be wonderful to hear him play again, as he was at the summer Windjammers meet for the last concert. I always enjoy performances more when he's playing.

It's going to be a busy day - and evening - so, I'll close now to get right to it. See you again tomorrow. I hope you have a perfect day.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful new silk threads for your beautiful Butterfly. I can see how you want to get directly to your “real” one instead of the practice one. Enjoy your day of sewing and stitching and your evening of music with Handsome. Summer at its best. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna