July 23, 2018

A Day Of Rest...

QE II China Tea Mug

I spent yesterday resting and enjoying being back at the farm. I filled my Queen Elizabeth II tea mug with my favorite British tea (PG Tips), my Walker's Shortbread biscuits, and did a little stitching on my butterfly wings.

Relaxing With The Pups

Tag and Bella are happy to have me back home, and are staying close. Handsome has a cold, so I'm glad I'm back home to take care of him.

Liljegren's Hickory Hill Farm Produce

The garden was busy while I was gone. It's amazing how plants react to rain water over well water. My "Celebrity" and "Roma" tomatoes are just beginning to ripen, but my cherry tomato plants are yielding beautiful, sweet, little gems.

I picked a bowlful of tomatoes and a handful of basil leaves, and brought them inside. After rinsing, I cut the tomatoes in half, chopped the basil, added cut up Bellagiosa bite-sized, fresh mozzarella cheese (from Sheboygan, WI), and mixed everything together with olive oil and a bit of salt. It was our side dish with the roast beef and veggies I made for dinner.

I'll continue to work on my butterfly wings, but I have a commission to make, as well. Time to get back to the studio!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got home safe and sound.Cherry toms are my fave and they do look delicious.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healing Energy for Handsome. Your day of rest sounds like it was a well balanced day dear. JOYful July...<3 P.S. Your salad looks fresh and delicious! I also like a caprese sandwich on ciabatta or baguette. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna