April 15, 2016

Summer Breeze...

Brynwood Needleworks - Confederate Jasmine Flowers

It's that time of year again. Although it's not yet summer, I can't help but think of this song every time I walk out our front door.

Last year, I filled a huge, blue pottery planter (that Handsome gave me for my Birthday one year) with Confederate jasmine and beautiful blue flowers. (I can't remember what they're called.) Since then, they have been busy growing...a lot!

Brynwood Needleworks - Confederate Jasmine with Blue Flowers

These days, that planter is a riot of blossoms...and the heavenly fragrance that rises from the jasmine transports you to another time and place. It's a sweet, heady scent that I adore. It "makes me feel fine".

Brynwood Needleworks - Flowers on the pool deck

I was inspired to walk around and take pictures of some of the other flowers in our yard. The hibiscus and red geranium near the pool were in bloom, too. I give them so little attention, but they generously share their beautiful blossoms in spite of it. I do regular watering, but only until the afternoon rains of summer take care of them for me. Then, I'll need to monitor them to make sure they don't get waterlogged.

I think this is my favorite time of the year in Florida. The temperatures are mildly warm, and the humidity is low. Yes. On second thought, I'm certain it's my favorite time of year.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of the lovely flowers and scents that you have in abundance.
    In CT, it's hit or miss outside. Some years are great and others not but each year I am hopeful of one with planters that do well. In the ground are only things that deer don't like to eat! Enjoy your jasmine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine is a wonderful perfume that Mother Nature gives us. Your flowers are beautiful. Summertime...and the livin is easy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna