April 17, 2016

Some Of My Favorite Things...

Brynwood Needleworks - Pincushions In Progress

After I completed the Birthday Table Runner (which arrived in time for the celebrating!), I got right to work on this commission. 

I was hired to complete six matching pincushions, and with the exception of the shiny embellishments, they're identical.

Brynwood Needleworks - Pincushions In Progress
 
Each cushion will have vintage lace and a ribbon bow to hold embroidery scissors, and all are embellished with ruched ribbon and a jeweled piece.

I completed two before going to Handsome's Sunday concert and I'll finish the rest today. They'll be  ready (with time to spare) for delivery to my client Tuesday evening. 

Have I told you how much I enjoy doing handwork? (Of course, I have!) Surrounded by needle, thread, vintage gleanings and glistenings, is where I love to be. I have just such a day ahead of me.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Sew gorgeous and in your delightful style. Embracing Pincushion Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna