April 3, 2016

Starting A "Happy Birthday Table Runner"...

Brynwood Needleworks - Jelly Rolls

I'm making a new table runner. This one is going to be a gift this month for someone near and dear to me. These are the jelly roll fabrics I've chosen to use. The floral one is Moda's "Clementine" from Me and My Sisters Designs. The geometrics are precut strips from Blank Quilting Company. They worked perfectly together.

Brynwood Needleworks - Strips of Color

I've already sewn strips together and arranged them in two rows of fifteen strips. They match and will be mirror image once I sew them together.

Brynwood Needleworks - Birthday Runner Fabric Strips

After all these strips are sewn together, I'll add more sections per the pattern directions. Then there are sections of applique' that I'll apply before quilting it.

I'll work on it in random moments so that it's finished in time to be my mid-month Birthday gift. I want it to be fun and colorful and perfect. (I did tell you it was for a loved one, right?)

Brynwood Needleworks - Shabby Fabrics "Happy Birthday Table Runner" Pattern

In case you're interested, this is the pattern I'm using. It's Shabby Fabrics' "Happy Birthday Table Runner".  (Click HERE to view and/or purchase. It's also available as a PDF file HERE.)

I love the table runner patterns from Jennifer Bosworth (She's the designer behind Shabby Fabrics)! Remember the "Patchwork Pumpkins Table Runner" I made HERE? It's still one of my favorites! (Link HERE for the pattern.)

I know I'll be making more of this Birthday table runner this year, too. I'd better finish this one first, though. I hope you have something creative planned for this week. I'd love to know what you're working on!

Disclaimer: I just want you to know that I receive no compensation, monetary or otherwise, for raving about Jennifer's fabulous patterns. I'm content to be an unpaid fan.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. I too am a fan of Jennifer and her Shabby Fabrics tutorials. This will be such a fun birthday gift that keeps on giving. All those strips and pieces look very confusing to me! I know you will complete it with time to spare. Embracing Creative Birthday Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna