April 14, 2016

It's On Its Way...

Brynwood Needleworks - Birthday Table Runner

I met my goal!
After approximately fifty hours of effort, it's done.

Brynwood Needleworks - Birthday Table Runner Showing Reverse

I added patchwork on the center of the back of it, too.

Brynwood Needleworks - Birthday Table Runner
 
I stayed up until 3 am yesterday hand stitching the last applique' panel. I assembled everything when I got up, machine quilted it, and then added the binding, but no hand stitching this binding. It was stitched-in-the-ditch instead because of the time crunch.

In the end, it was finished, wrapped and in the mail on time. Tag, Bella and I took it to the post office and when we were assured it was on its way, the three of us came home to a pool party to celebrate. Yes. I did fall asleep in the chaise as the sun set through the pine trees.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. This Birthday Table Runner is a true Labor of Love and will be cherished for many many birthdays to come. Tag and Bella were probably very grateful to enjoy a pool party and some much needed napping with you. Beautiful Birthday Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna...that's a lot of time involved, but definitely worth it. I love that table runner. And, of course, your work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna